Software Engineer, Roku - MLB.tv at Major League Baseball
The Client Engineering team at Major League Baseball is searching for new members at our Boulder, Colorado office. We are looking for experienced Software Engineers who are excited to work on the applications and platforms our fans love.
MLB.tv is the #1 source for live baseball, offering subscribers access to every MLB team's live audio and video feeds, as well as in-game highlights, stats and live DVR controls. As a Senior Software Engineer for the Roku platform, your primary responsibilities will be to ensure clean, concise, modular code in an agile environment, mentor developers, support code reviews and act as a driver for platform development.
In this role, you will employ a solid knowledge of the Roku ecosystem as we refine an existing code base and look ahead to new and exciting product initiatives.
- Work closely with Senior Engineers and Directors, technical project managers, product groups, fellow engineers and MLB engineering leadership
- Contribute to a collaborative culture among all team members
- Participate in the full lifecycle of software development (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and maintenance).
- Provide engineering support on the Roku platform as we deploy enhancements across these devices
- Join a world class team that is helping to shape the way fans interact with baseball
- At least 4 years of software development experience
- At least 1 year developing products on Roku devices
- Extensive exposure to ABR video streaming technologies (HLS, DASH)
- Knowledge of BrightScript
- Knowledge of Screen Graph
- Advanced knowledge of analytics
- Experience with advertising networks and their relationship to Roku delivery
- Experience using version control systems such as Github
- Experience with cloud-based tools and technologies
- Experience with unit and integration tests
- Significant experience working within an Agile environment (referencing user stories, participating in sprints, daily scrums and retrospectives)
- Excellent communication skills