Software Engineer - Robotics at PickNik Robotics
As a Robotics Software Engineer at PickNik Consulting you’ll be developing software applications, optimizing advanced algorithms, and integrating solutions for our clients, internal products, and flagship open source projects. Duties will include developing software in a variety of languages and platforms that will be used on robots around the world (and in outer space!). You’ll need to readily make decisions relating to framework design and implementation.
Am I a good fit?
- You love robotics and have a passion for creating the next generation of robot software.
- Are excited to be involved in a small team of experts with steady flow of client projects
- Must work efficiently, always be ready to learn, and have great attention to detail
- Desire to contribute to open source projects solving big problems
- Ability to collaborate with teams around the world
- Need to be living in or willing to relocate to Boulder or greater Denver area to foster a great team learning environment
- Degree(s) in Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field and/or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience with C++ and willingness to learn more
- Experience with the Robotics Operating System (ROS) and/or robotic application development
- Skilled with at least one scripting language such as Python or Matlab
- Knowledge of software development in Linux
- Experience with full life-cycle application development, Git version control, software testing, and continuous integration
Some preferred skills/experience
- MoveIt, Gazebo, OpenRave, or other robotic libraries are advantageous
- Common open source libraries and tools such as Eigen, Qt, CMake, Bazel, and Protobufs
- Background in Agile software development methodology e.g. JIRA
- Experience developing user interfaces through technologies such as Qt or web apps
- Demonstrated ability through previous work experience
- Live in beautiful Boulder, CO with easy access to renowned skiing, biking, climbing, and ranked #2 by US News and Report Best Places to Live
- Enjoy a relaxed work environment with a generous vacation policy
- Work a flexible schedule including working remotely when you need to
- Health insurance and 401k savings plan