Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
We're excited to add a Software Engineer, React with strong abstract problem-solving abilities to join our engineering team. You will work directly with the product and engineering teams to help shape the future of our company. Our team is focused on shipping quality product and we want to add a self-starter who truly enjoys software development, product ownership, solving problems, and learning something new every day.
The ideal candidate loves front-end development, is very strong with JS and CSS. The right candidate wants to be the go-to resource for their areas of responsibility and share what they know and learn with teammates.
Here's how we work:
- We ship code daily to our CI, staging, and production environments
- We are good teammates who follow our working agreement. We’re looking for hard workers who don’t let their ego get in the way
- We ship code daily to our production, staging, and continuous integration environments. With test results, deployments, and production monitoring alerts
Here's what we're looking for:
- 2+ years of front-end web development
- 1+ years production experience with React
- A passion for giving users a polished, highly usable experience
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with Angular
- An eye for good UI/UX. You will be working with a dedicated designer, so you do not need a design background, but if that's within your skillset then all the better
- Production experience with Heroku and Amazon Web Services
- The base salary range for this role starts at $80,000 - $135,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
- This role is eligible for remote work. Hotel Engine is authorized to do business in AZ, CO, CT, FL, NC, NY, PA, TN, TX & WA. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Hotel Engine is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers are based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Stock Options for all new hires
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage, dental and vision offerings (with plans available at no cost to employees), as well as HSA/FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program