Software Engineer - Profiles at DHI Group, Inc.
Who are we?
We’re Dice, eFinancialcareers and ClearanceJobs, all services of DHI Group, Inc. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need—which we do by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates and insights within the communities we serve. And we’re looking for talent like you to join us in our mission to Connect Futures Now.
Why join us?
We're a team of passionate achievers partnering for the success of our customers and colleagues.
We're transforming the markets we serve by celebrating flexibility, ingenuity and inclusivity in all we do.
We're engaged in challenging, meaningful work to enhance the livelihood of those using our services.
We're coalescing in open, collaborative and dynamic environment where everyone's voice matters.
And so as you grow your career with us, we all thrive.
Why this role?
As Software Engineer you'll be a part of a collaborative team that is responsible for the user experience and domain model for the Candidate, Recruiter and Company profiles. The Profies team is a highly collaborative fullstack, dev-ops team that uses leading-edge technologies including: TypeScript, Stencil & Node.js using AWS technologies AppSync, Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudFormation & CodeStar. We pride ourselves in creating resilient highly available systems and are believers in using the right tool for the job and are always open to new technologies where it makes sense. If you are a passionate creator of finely crated software that takes pride in delivering innovative value and increased capabilities to the market, this posion may be for you.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Participating in full stack application design, development, automated testing, performance analysis, and deployment efforts of your team
- Performing code reviews to create more efficient, reusable and testable code
- Setting a solid technical example and mentor less experienced team members
- Collaborating with the team to develop consistent and clear API specifications
- Working with software architects identifying and recommending design and requirements needed for software enhancements.
- Communicating key design and architecture decisions to ensure alignment within and across teams
- Working with Product Management to understand and solve business issues
- Actively contributing to and improve the team’s Agile practices
- Communicating project status to team members and business users
- Resolving escalated incidents and problems with software supported by the team.
For this role, we're requiring:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and SOLID principles
- Understanding of distributed systems and Microservices architecture
- Strong testing skills including Unit, Integration, Performance, and end-to-end
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience with analyzing, designing, coding, building, testing and deploying application systems in a business environment and some of the following:
- Extensive experience building RESTful Web API’s and integration systems (preferably in Node.js with TypeScript)
- Experience with cloud technologies (preferably AWS Lambda, DnamoDB, AppSync, API Gateway, SQS, SNS)
- Experience with serverless function based architectures (preferably AWS Lambda with Node.js)
- Experience with CI/CD tools (preferably AWS CodeStar)
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools (preferably AWS CloudFormation)
- Excellent understanding of SQL and NoSQL Databases (Postgres and Dynamo preferred)
- Experience building large scale APIs, web applications and asynchronous services
- Experience with event-driven microservice architectures and domain-driven design
- Experience with Git (Bitbucket a plus)
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
Base salary/pay of $72,000 – $140,500 per year, plus 10% annual bonus at 100% of plan targets tied to company and individual performance. Offer will depend on location and level of job-related knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.
Healthy living - medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, disability, life, wellness & fitness programs
Future living - 401(k) match, performance bonuses, education assistance, learning & development
Enjoy living - generous paid time off, parental leave, flexible summer hours, social & giving events
How to apply?
You can apply below. You'll just need to provide your resume and answer a few questions—it'll only take you a few minutes!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.