Software Engineer - Process Management & Automation at Workiva
Contributes to product features, products or systems under the guidance, mentorship and direction of leaders and senior level team members.
- Contribute to team projects and deliver individual level technical solutions
- Perform Code Reviews within your team’s products or components
- Test software and write automated tests (unit, integration, functional, etc)
- Debug components within your service or application context
- Analyze data to assess and understand solutions developed by your team
- Estimate your own work with guidance
- Write and document code with clearly defined requirements
- Communicate individual work to your team and diverse technical audiences
- Assist in triaging and resolving production issues
- May participate in product discovery activities with customers and stakeholders
- May participate in the hiring process
What You'll Need
- Demonstrated proficiency in programming to include a solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in one or more of: data structures, algorithms, object-oriented software design, and working with cloud-based distributed systems.
- Some experience debugging systems or applications
- Experience using one or more commercial databases
- Familiarity with one or more of the following areas: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, relational databases, REST and other modern web protocols, and/or Mobile computing
- Familiarity building one or more of unit, integration, functional user acceptance, or contract tests
- Experience working in an agile development environment preferred
- Experience developing for service oriented architecture is a plus
- Experience with Docker or other container systems is a plus
- Experience with active or passive monitoring is a plus
- BS in CS/SE/EE/CE/related field or equivalent experience
- Up to 10% travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- May require after-hours support to resolve critical customer issues
How You'll Be Rewarded
Base Pay Range in Colorado: $86,000 - $129,000
A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/workiva-life-and-careers/
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email [email protected].