Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
Hotel Engine is eager to add a Senior Software Engineer, Node.js, to our growing engineering organization! In this role, you'll be making architectural decisions, developing and maintaining an internal set of systems and tools, mentoring and shaping mid and junior-level engineers, and building out integrations with third parties. Intriguing? Check out more information below!
Tech We Use:
- Dynamo DB
- PSQL DB
- Serverless Framework
How We Work:
- We ship code daily to our production, staging, and continuous integration environments
- We work in a mix of Agile and Kanban
- We keep meetings to an absolute minimum to maximize development time
- We keep to a 40-hour workweek and respect your time away from the office
Here's what we're looking for:
- 3+ years of Node.js experience
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining production APIs
- 1+ years of AWS experience
- Some experience with micro-service architecture
- Some front-end experience with a popular framework (React, Angular, Vue, etc.)
- The base salary range for this role is $80,000 - $135,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
- This role is eligible for remote work. Hotel Engine is authorized to do business in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, NC, NY, PA, TN, TX & WA. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Hotel Engine is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers are based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Stock Options for all new hires
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage, dental and vision offerings (with plans available at no cost to employees), as well as HSA/FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program