Hotel Engine (https://www.hotelengine.com) is seeking a Node.js developer with strong abstract problem-solving abilities. In this position, you will be making architectural decisions, developing and maintaining an internal set of systems and tools, and building out integrations with third parties. Remote candidates are encouraged to apply if they can commit to relocating to Denver within four weeks after receiving an offer. This role will be performed primarily in our Denver office and we allow a couple days of remote work.
- 3+ years of Node.js or related experience
- Writes tests all the time
- Experience understanding and implementing OO design patterns
- Technologies that we use:
- REST/SOAP APIs
- Ruby on Rails (not required, but is a plus)
How We Work:
- We ship code daily to our production, staging, and continuous integration environments.
- We do two-week sprints (Agile Scrum). Outside of daily standups and sprint planning, grooming and retrospectives, we keep meetings to an absolute minimum to maximize development time.
- We keep to a 40-hour work week and respect your time away from the office.
What we provide:
- Competitive Salary
- Part-time remote work
- A healthy work/life balance
- Casual work environment/atmosphere
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K and supplemental insurance plan benefits
- Paid gym membership and organic fruit delivery
- Free parking, free option for secure bike storage
- Discounted Wireless Service plans
- Company sponsored events, holiday parties, and volunteer opportunities
- Kegs on tap in the office