Software Engineer - .NET at Granicus LLC (Remote)
Are you looking for meaning and purpose in the work you do?
Granicus is a global (remote first) software as a service company building products for the public sector. We digitize government services for all levels of government: city, county, state and federal. We also work with the UK, Canada, Australia and EU.
Examples of our work:
- City of Oakland, California has used Granicus solutions to enhance its transparency and citizen engagement efforts.
- In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, the City of Hurst, Texas was inundated with calls and emails about how to provide donations, dollars or a helping hand, which consumed valuable staff time. They needed a "central source of truth" and an easier way to get vital information to residents before, during and after the hurricane.
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) needed an efficient way to improve and increase foster parent recruitment in the state with a 400% over goal result.
Click => Success Stories to learn more about the impactful work we've done in communities across the country and world.
Some quick highlights about us:
- #1 GovTech company
- 22B messages sent annually (22B is not a typo)
- 280M subscribers
- 900+ global employees (300+ on the product team)
- Remote first company, this is not temporary. Should you be seeking an in person or hybrid situation and live near one of our hubs we can accommodate you.
Click => Careers to learn more about working at Granicus.
NOTE: Granicus is subject to the Executive Order requiring employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
About this role:
- Hiring Manager: Yuliang Ding - Director of Software Engineering - LinkedIn Profile
- Salary Range: $60,000 to $80,000 +bonus (starting salary may differ by experience and/or location)
- Interview process: 5-6 steps that can be done in 2 weeks (calendars permitting)
The following is a profile or persona of who we are looking for. If you have many of the characteristics below, and we want to learn more about all your skills, please apply so we can start a conversation.
The Software Engineer role at Granicus is for developers growing their software engineering skills in a SaaS environment. Their key contributions are test-driven software that implements product-driven features within the Granicus product suite.
The Software Engineer is expected to contribute to the broader Granicus technology organization, both in the deployment and support of applications in higher environments and as a mentor to less experienced team members.
What you Get To Do:
- Collaborate with product management and business stakeholders to deliver SaaS based solutions
- Perform all the Essential Functions of the Granicus Software Engineer
- Be a core maintainer of – and develop moderately complex features for – one or more applications in the Granicus product suite
- Be a go-to resource for support and operational issues within your area(s) of expertise
- Mentor less experienced team members
- 3+ years of experience developing, testing, shipping, and supporting production-quality SaaS based web applications
- Intermediate-level knowledge of HTML 5, CSS, Java Script, and at least one related web framework, i.e., jQuery, Angular, or others.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of .NET and at least one related framework, i.e., ASP.NET WebForm/MVC, .NET Core, or others.
- Solid knowledge with relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL); Experience of .NET ORM Frameworks, i.e., Entity Framework.
- Experience developing unit tests, integration tests, E2E tests, load/stress
- Commitment to quality and the craft of software development
- Passion for learning new things and the ability to do so quickly
- Interest in being a part of an open, collaborative, distributed, and extraordinarily skilled software development team
- Experience with Azure or AWS is a bonus
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines is a bonus
Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.