Software Engineer Manager at Hotel Engine
Hotel Engine is a high-growth, Denver-based tech company that is innovating the business travel industry with a free, private hotel booking management platform. With over 200,000 hotel properties globally, Hotel Engine offers up to 60% off publicly available hotel rates for small-to-medium businesses, large enterprises, and government travelers.
Serving industries like construction, transportation and logistics, oil and gas, retail, healthcare, and more, Hotel Engine has customized hotel reservation management solutions built for the control, transparency, billing, and support needs of organizations of any size and industry.
Job Summary: Hotel Engine (https://www.hotelengine.com) is seeking a Software Engineer Manager with strong abstract problem-solving abilities. In this position, you will be managing up to three engineering teams with three to six people on each team. You will play a pivotal role in helping ensure that we have a happy and high functioning engineering organization. Remote candidates are encouraged to apply if they can commit to relocating to Denver within four weeks after receiving an offer. This role will be performed primarily in our Denver office.
- Manage up to three development teams with three to five people each.
- Handle 1 on 1s with engineers.
- Help retain engineers and keep them happy.
- Recruit and help hire engineers.
- Improve internal workflows and process.
- Improve our engineering team’s performance and track KPIs.
- Work with the VP of Engineering and other leadership across the company.
How We Work:
- We ship code daily to our production, staging, and continuous integration environments.
- We work in an Agile Scrum environment.
- We keep meetings to an absolute minimum to maximize development time.
- We keep to a 40-hour work week and respect your time away from the office.
- We celebrate our wins and retro our losses.
- Proven ability to lead high-performing engineering teams.
- Passion for mentoring and coaching software engineers.
- Deep understanding of the SDLC, coding standards, and best practices.
- Track record of delivering results within a complex technical environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed and capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- You have an analytical mindset with an attention to detail.
- Experience with our tech stack (Ruby on Rails, Angular, React, Node, AWS, Heroku, Postgres).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years technical experience.
- 3+ years in management or technical leadership.
- Medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance
- 401k plan
- Free in-office monthly massages
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid holidays, sick time, and volunteer opportunities
- Discounted hotel rates
- Paid parental leave
- Craft brews and ciders on tap
- Company-sponsored social events and happy hours
- Paid gym membership
- Free organic fruit, snacks, and beverages
- Relaxed office and dress code
- Free on-site parking and bicycle storage
- Unmatched views of the Rocky Mountains