🔗 Website: https://www.makemusic.com/ and https://www.finalemusic.com/
📍 Location: Remote until June 2021
Peaksware/MakeMusic employees are working remotely from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will work with anyone hired during this period to accommodate remote onboarding to the best of our ability.
At MakeMusic, our mission is to develop innovative solutions that transform how music is composed, taught, learned, and performed. More than a software company, MakeMusic made of people who share a passion for music. Music is what we do. You will recognize us as Finale, SmartMusic, Garritan, and MusicXML.
We believe in self-organizing teams who share values, own their products end to end, and are accountable to each other for results. This is reflected by people who embody humility, as well as hunger to strive for continuous improvement, learning, and success.
As Software Engineer on the Finale team, you will:
- Develop and deliver work that delights stakeholders and customers
- Review cross-platform code (Mac and Windows) and develop and maintain tests to help ensure high quality
- Serve as a valued member of a cross-functional team emphasizing Agile principles and methodologies such as Kanban and Scrum
- End-to-end ownership from design and development to testing and deployment
- Embrace and drive change while being an active participant on a team committed to continuous improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 4 years (or equivalent) of experience writing operational, production code
- Self-motivated with a strong passion to learn and grow your craft in software engineering
- Professional experience in more than one programming language
- Be a problem solver, while also identifying and addressing root causes
- Experience with software engineering technologies such as Git & GitHub, unit testing, and test automation
- C++ and Objective-C experience
- Experience with Mac and Windows desktop installer technologies
- Experience in CI/CD technologies, such as TeamCity or Jenkins
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Experience working with and refactoring legacy codebases
- Interest in music, music notation, and/or music education
Peaksware/MakeMusic is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $61,957 - $103,261. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, and certifications.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus.
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% company-paid Medical for employees with buy-up options
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Additional coverage options such as accident and critical illness insurance and hospital indemnity
- Company-paid Short Term Disability
- Company-paid Long Term Disability
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Employee-paid Supplemental Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse, and/or Child
- 401(K) Matching
- Pet Insurance
- Significant investment in resources for employee development and professional growth
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
- 9 paid holidays annually and unlimited Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Free TrainingPeaks, TrainHeroic, MakeMusic accounts, and Alfred Music product
- Access to on-site workout room, including locker rooms and showers
- Secure on-site bike storage
- Access to our on-site music studio
- Corporate discounts on select gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Access to nutritious snacks and devour hour, weekly subsidized lunch
Please contact [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation to review our website or to apply online.
MakeMusic is part of the Peaksware portfolio of brands. Peaksware has been featured in BuiltInColorado’s Top 100 Companies list since 2017 and our brands have been recognized in Outside Magazine’s “Best Places to Work” multiple years in a row. Peaksware has also been honored as a part of Mogul’s “Top 1,000 Companies for Millennial Women Worldwide”. We are proud of our company culture and of consistently being recognized, both locally and nationally, as a top workplace.