Software Engineer ll at FIS
Position Type :Full time
Type Of Hire :Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :0%
The Integrated Banking Services (IBS) is a hosted core processing system easily scalable to meet the needs of banks. IBS is processed in a 'service bureau' environment using one version of the source code for all financial institutions. It is a highly integrated system using a comprehensive set of bank processing parameters to define products and attributes. The core processing systems include the Deposit Suite, the Lending Suite and Customer Information System. We are innovators bringing new and exciting capabilities to the market. At FIS, we believe it takes more than delivering a product, it requires a passionate and dedicated workforce to develop influential and game-changing products and services.
We are seeking a software engineer to help grow our team, who primarily works on client funded initiatives. This position requires strong analytical and interpersonal skills. Experience in all phases of software development and experience in the banking industry is preferred. The software engineer is expected to closely work with clients, internal companion teams, and domestic/international team members to guide technical deliverables and successfully deliver solutions.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated take-charge person with a can-do attitude, who thrives in a fast-paced environment. This ideal candidate will have experience with IBS Deposits or IBS Loans using FIS Customer Statement Formatter(CSF).
- Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements, maintains and supports statement and notice output from multiple software applications using FIS Customer Statement Formatter on a Kanban team
- Works closely with functional and technical team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality solutions
- Interacts with clients and key stakeholders to define system requirements and develop quality technical solutions
- Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems
- Flexible in working with both waterfall and Agile software development methodologies
- Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to assist with project planning and tasks
- May assist with delivering informational presentations to internal and/or external audiences
- Provides leadership and guidance to other technical professionals
- Trains internal employees on changes to business practices, processes or procedures
- Demonstrates an understanding of FIS systems and the financial services industry
A Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Experience with IBS Deposits or IBS Loans using FIS Custom Statement Formatter(CSF)
- Experience with COBOL, IMS, DB2, mainframe JCL and ISPF
- Competency with debugging tools (i.e. Revolve, AbendAid, etc), automated test tools, and defect tracking tools
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, agile, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant system and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.