Software Engineer Lead at DHI Group, Inc.
Who are we?
We’re Dice, eFinancialCareers and ClearanceJobs, services of DHI Group, Inc. — where we're connecting futures now. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need, and we achieve this by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates, and insights within each of the communities we serve.
Why work with us?
We provide opportunities for you to contribute to our success, within a collaborative team where your opinion matters!
We challenge you to do exciting work while helping you grow your career!
We offer competitive pay, benefits and programs for you and your family to live healthy and secure!
We host social events for you to connect with others across our company and markets!
We serve the communities where we're located, and the causes important to you!
What is this opportunity?
Software Engineer Lead
DHI is looking for a skilled, highly motivated Lead Software Engineer for the Job Seeker team. This team is responsible for developing and maintaining our flagship web application for the job seeker experience. You will provide technical leadership to a talented group of cross-functional, full-stack engineers and work closely with stakeholders to build products that entice our job seekers and delight our customers. You will guide us on our journey as we modernize our tech stack and embrace a fully-integrated DevOps culture including automated Continuous Integration and Delivery.
· Lead application design, development, automated testing, performance analysis, and deployment efforts of your team
· Perform code reviews to create more efficient, reusable and testable code
· Collaborate with team to develop consistent and clear API specifications
· Help set the engineering direction of the product
· Communicate project status to team members and external stakeholders
· Work with Product Management to understand and solve business issues
· Develop and own high-performance APIs, libraries and UI frameworks that support a highly-available, public-facing web application
· Mentor and coach engineering team to improve process and technical capability
What are we requiring for this role?
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
·Strong verbal and written communication skills.
·Effective time management skills.
·The ability to work in a team atmosphere.
·Demonstrable open-source work and contributions preferred
·You take pride in delivering innovative value and increased capabilities to the market, mentoring true software craftsman and have a passion for using technology to innovate.
Required Education and/or Experience
·Extensive experience building RESTful Web API’s and integration systems with Java
·Experience with AWS (EC2, DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway, CloudWatch, Code Pipeline, Code Deploy) preferred
·Excellent understanding of SQL and NoSQL Databases (Postgres and MongoDB preferred)
·Experience building large scale APIs and web applications
· Experience with event-driven microservice architectures and domain-driven design
·Experience with Git (Bitbucket a plus)
·Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Automated Testing, etc.) preferred
·Experience with infrastructure tools such as Docker, Terraform, CloudFormation a plus
·Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related field
·Five or more years’ experience with analyzing, designing, coding, building, testing, and deploying application systems in a business environment
·2-4 years as a technical lead or architect
·Experience mentoring and providing technical leadership within an Agile environment