Software Engineer IV - Procure at GHX
Primary responsibilities involve maintaining and enhancing GHX applications that support the health care supply chain. Candidate must demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, highly detail oriented, able to context switch easily, mentor and guide other people on the team, able to work with offshore team, good team player.
Other duties may include developing testing tools to help ensure code quality, testing B2B software components, developing specifications, and developing supporting documentation.
Will work with other engineers (onsite and offshore), managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet company initiatives with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles. Will serve as team lead in coordinating dependencies with other cross functional teams. Will serve as primary point of contact among offshore developers.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Analysis, design, maintenance and implementation of Java/Aurora-based web applications.
- Full stack development.
- Contribute to project document reviews, and design/code reviews.
- Create / update/ review quarterly project plans help the team execute on it.
- Generate supporting unit tests, regression test cases as well as system test specifications and implementations.
- Adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing.
- Develop implementation and troubleshooting guides.
- Be involved in release activities.
- Interact with product owners to clarify requirements and design decisions.
- Work collaboratively and closely with QA, Support, and Product in an Agile environment.
- Contribute to multiple procurement related projects across multiple regions.
- B.S. in Computer Science, or a combination of education and related experience
- 8+ years of professional Java J2EE development experience
- 8+ years of experience in requirements analysis, design, coding and unit testing of scalable, fault-tolerant applications
- Strong Object Oriented Principles, Design patterns and MVC architectures knowledge.
- Experience with RESTful web service development and testing
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile scrum team environment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and being able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to work with geographically disperse cross functional teams.
- AWS Certification
- GIT experience
- Android / iOS experience
- CI / CD bamboo experience
- Experience with tomcat server
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.