Software Engineer IV - Business Intelligence
We work to solve deep technical problems that improve the world of Healthcare. These problems span a variety of core topics in computer science ranging from databases to distributed systems. We are looking for a full stack engineer who feels strongly about delivering good software but also about running software in the real world.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Leads full stack development effort of Customer facing Business Intelligence Applications.
- Perform general application development activities, including unit testing, code review, code deployment to development environment and technical documentation.
- Defines and owns accountability in estimation process, use case specifications, reviews of test plans and test cases, requirements, and project planning.
- Provides hands-on new development as well as support, maintenance, or enhancement of existing applications in programming languages such as Java, Python, and Angular.
- Designs, maintains, and performance-tunes extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes using SQL, Java, or Python source-to-target data mappings.
- Analyzing business requirements and working with teammates to formulate supporting design and design documentation.
- Significant decision making in implementation of the product. Provide architectural guidance and development/build standards for the team and as a consultant for other teams.
- Promoting collaboration through activities such as design sessions, design reviews, pair programming, etc.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- 8 years of full stack experience building business intelligence applications using a combination of Angular, SQL and Java
- 8 years of experience in database programming, with exceptional SQL development skills
- 5 years of experience of Java development
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing in an AWS environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience building application artifacts and performing continuous deployment of application artifacts
- 5 years working in an agile development environment.
- Experience using S3, EC2, Redshift, Glue and RDS
- Experience delivering in a microservice and event-based architecture
- Strong ownership, urgency, and drive to ship code
- Ability to “work backwards” from understanding the user request to the technical deliverable
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and designs to cross functional teams and off shore teams with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Constructively challenges the status quo; develops, proposes, and supports the implementation of innovative and creative solutions. Iterates and improves upon domain technology.
- Displays flexibility in adapting to changing conditions.
- Strong team player, makes a valuable contribution to team objectives, displays trust and mutual understanding, accepts constructive feedback, and handles confrontation constructively.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and possesses a proven track record of high-quality deliverables.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Application/system architecture experience
- Node.js development a plus
- Experience developing with Python or PySpark
- Experience with RedShift Spectrum
- Experience processing large amounts of data from disparate sources
- Strong preference for previous experience using Big Data technologies and methodologies