Software Engineer - Intelligent Automation at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The AI and Automation team is driving a transformational journey across multiple groups at FIS. We have a clear focus on enhancing operational efficiency, improving customer satisfaction and reducing time to delivery through intelligent automation, self-service transformation, and accelerating digitization efforts. We use the right tool to solve high impact problems, building intelligent solutions through hybrid AI/ML and traditional RPA frameworks.
What you will be doing
- Provide application software development services and technical support across a suite of financial software products.
- Develop program logic for new applications or analyze and modify logic in existing applications.
- Code, test, debug, document, implement and maintain software applications.
- Maintain, test and integrate application components.
- Make recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
- Ensure system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Analyze requirements and translate business requirements into product designs.
- Write technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
- Suggest technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
- Complete project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
- Conduct planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
- May participate in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
- May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Experience with cloud technologies including AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Ability to analyze the technical challenge at hand and work with whatever programming language makes the most sense to solve the problem.
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through, use cases, etc.
- Excellent people skills to build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors.
- Willingness to share relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources.
- Excellent problem-solving, team and time management skills.
- Resourceful and proactive information gathering and sharing skills.
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience in identifying inefficiencies and automating redundant processes.
- Experience working in the financial industry.
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities.
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team.
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology.
- Time to support charities and give back in your community.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.