Software Engineer II/III at ArcherDX
The primary role of this position is to contribute high quality and well-tested code to an existing set of bioinformatics data processing workflows, as well as triage reported issues in the current and previous versions of the processing software. Implemented code will either be conversions of R&D experimental code or novel code created to specifications. Through the development of both research use and clinically validated software this position will contribute heavily to the development of the next generation of Archer Analysis algorithms and implementations. The vast majority of the code that we write is in Python, although time critical processing is performed in C++.
- Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Talking to scientists and implementing those discussions in code
- Triaging customer issues and identifying fixes
- Organize and complete sprint tasks as assigned
- Design scalable, maintainable and well tested commercial grade software
- Algorithm/Pipeline development
- Review, understand, and comply with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguard the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Process and handle of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology.
- Insatiable curiosity
- Introspective and self-aware
- Healthy dose of insecurity that leads to data driven decisions
- Relies on data more than gut instinct
- Puts the team harmony over their own self-interest
- Disciplined to follow process in a high-risk environment
- 2+ years of Software development experience or educational equivalent
- 2+ years in an industry setting preferred
- Experience with Python code development and Git version control strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Biology, Genetics and/or Bioinformatics a plus
- Experience with Docker and microservice architecture a plus
- BS/MS/PhD in computer science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
Expected Pay Rate in Colorado starting at $78,000
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s geographic location, qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.