Software Engineer III
The Software Engineer role is an exciting role on SendGrid’s Customer Growth Engineering team, that will develop features and software that impact all points of the customer lifecycle. You’ll make a tremendous impact with the team that spearheaded microservice development and operability at SendGrid, using the latest distributed systems programming techniques and technologies like rate limiting, circuit breakers and multi-datacenter (including AWS). You’ll bring the ability and experience to write complex backend services, communicate effectively with cross functional teams, and have a tremendous drive to hone your craft.
Denver is our global headquarters and home to the Customer Growth Engineering team, our revenue growth engine - which your efforts will directly impact.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Design, build, test, deploy, operate and maintain our multi-data center Go services.
- Focus on designing and implementing systems for scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability
- Work in a highly collaborative environment to create new features from inception to launch.
- Use your advanced engineering, communication and organizational skills to ensure we deliver what the business wants and needs.
- Use your foresight and experience to keep our systems effectively running now and in the future through profiling, load testing, failure testing, monitoring and much more to have confidence in the robustness of the systems we deploy.
- Champion meticulous, high quality engineering and be role model for software development habits and practices for distributed systems. Like rate limiting, circuit breakers and multi-datacenter (including AWS).
- Be creative, take your own initiative and solve some of SendGrid’s most challenging problems.
- Drive solutions for the organization beyond what is assigned to you.
Our stack includes: Golang, Docker, Redis, Kafka, MySQL, AWS
- 4-8 years of software development experience in a modern programming language (Go, Python, Java, Ruby or C++)
- Experience with building reliable and robust software that tolerates and recovers from unreliable dependencies.
- Expert OO experience and software engineering expertise (coding, automated tests, profiling, monitoring, etc).
- Solid experience with MySQL, Redis and Kafka, DynamoDB a plus
- Experience using CM tools, preferably git
- An insatiable learner, curious and constantly pushing the boundary of what is possible.
- Enjoy designing, writing and growing vital business services that add value.
Founded in 2009, SendGrid built its reputation solving a key pain point of delivering transactional emails that respond to customer behavior (purchase receipts, order confirmations, password resets, etc.). In 2015, SendGrid expanded the platform into marketing email use cases, enabling customers to have one platform for both transactional and marketing email. We deliver over 40 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Yelp.