Software Engineer I/II - Verification Tools (ADX-127-19) at ArcherDX
ArcherDX, headquartered in Boulder, CO, is committed to the advancement of personalized medicine by making next-generation sequencing technology more reliable and accessible. We seek like-minded individuals who share our values of curiosity, passion and grit to meet these goals.
Make it happen by joining us in the fight against cancer.
- Organize, curate and complete sprint tasks as assigned
- Build, maintain testing harnesses using Python
- Build, maintain complex simulators for testing bioinformatic software.
- Support and build test environments with CentOS linux on AWS/vSphere/docker
- Algorithm development
- Database management and scientific paper curation
- Design scalable, maintainable and well tested commercial grade software
- Additional duties as assigned
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology.
- 2+ years of Software development or test automation experience
- 2+ years in an industry setting (Preferred)
- Experience with Linux and Python is a must
- Experience with AWS, vSphere, docker is a plus
- Knowledge of Biology, Genetics and/or Bioinformatics a plus
- Drive and determination
- Demonstrated scientific “problem solving” skills
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance success of project and maintain strong relationships within all parts of company
- Willingness to dive deep into legacy code to determine the root cause of customer issues
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to thrive in a start-up/change oriented environment
- Self Starter
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction and no hand-holding
- Able to organize and prioritize a diverse set of responsibilities to ensure that focus on growth and success of company is achieved
- BS/MS in computer science or related field (STEM) and/or equivalent combination of education and experience