Software Engineer II at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The FIS EMEA international card processing system P1C (formerly Base2000) is a powerful and flexible credit card, loan, collections, and merchant processing system. This global solution supports both consumer and commercial credit card products and processes Visa, Mastercard, and Private Label cards, and loans. FIS is looking for a Software Engineer II to join this team based in Atlanta, GA. This role is part of our BAU support team where we make improvements to the product, tools, processes, and documentation to help improve business functionality, system stability, and operational efficiency.
What you will be doing
You must have proven analytical and problem-solving skills and will work on our credit processing application, Payments One Cards/P1C. You will provide day-to-day BAU support to several clients and projects. You will work closely with clients, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that will drive the analysis and design of functional and technical solutions. The solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies, comply with FIS and group architectural standards, and implemented on time and within budget.
- Provide application software development services or technical support for one or more projects
- Utilize mainframe COBOL and JCL to code, test, debug, document, implement, and maintain software
- Support test and production batch cycles and resolve issues (includes some work outside normal business hours)
- Resolve production incidents in a timely manner in accordance with agreed SLA timeframes
- Provide research and consulting support to business analysts and clients regarding system and parameter functionality
What you bring:
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
- Resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles for software development
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- Mainframe COBOL, CICS, VSAM, DB2 and TSO/JCL experience desired
Added bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of FIS' products and services
- Experience with data migrations/conversions
- Familiarity with card scheme rules and documentation for Visa and Mastercard
- Knowledge and experience in other software languages: mainframe Assembler or midrange Delphi
- Knowledge of financial services industry
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.