Software Engineer II at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
As a Software Engineer II, you will be working within an energetic agile team implementing solutions that support a wide range of customers. You will develop high quality web-based applications for new and existing features. You will also have the opportunity to bring your creative ideas to the table to deliver better solutions to our users.
If you love technology, have a passion for software, are hungry to learn, and are driven to contribute to a world-class team of engineers, you're who we are looking for.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Contributes independently to multiple functional and technical areas within a product
o Responsible for developing new features and supporting/bug fixing existing features
o Designs and scopes new features.
o Creates artifacts/documents that are valuable to the team
o Responsible for production
· Continued ownership of technical growth including:
o Product and business knowledge
o Problem solving skills
o Technical knowledge
o Process knowledge
· Share what they know by mentoring other team members
· Closely follow industry trends and the open source community
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ensures quality of code written or reviewed
· Adheres to quality/technical team standards
· Makes decisions in their area of responsibility that help maintainability, reuse, security and performance
· Able to diagnose issues and provide solutions for multiple functional and technical areas within a product
· Can independently frame problems and perform relevant research
· Curious and avid learners
· Communicate clearly to explain and defend design decisions
· Self-motivated and excellent problem-solvers
· Driven to improve, personally and professionally
· Mentor and inspire others to raise the bar for everyone around them
· Collaborate with their peers, designing pragmatic solutions
· Operate best in a fast-paced, flexible work environment
· Prepare technical training and information sessions for other staff
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related technical field) or equivalent practical experience
· Design and architecture knowledge
· Experience with Agile software development
· Have an intense passion for innovating and crafting clean code
· 2-3 years of professional experience with .NET and common frameworks
· Experience with React.js or similar
· Can work advanced database magic with relational databases
· Are in-tune with high performance and high availability design/programming
· Have experience in security best practices for software and data platforms
· Enjoy solving problems through the entire application stack
· Are interested and capable of learning other programming languages as needed.
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
- Located and working from an office location (when required)*
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.