Software Engineer II at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
We don't just say that, we mean it and we do it everyday. Our Product Delivery Team is directly involved in creating APIs and user interfaces that simplify the development and support efforts of ISVs. The work is challenging, some days will be long, but we take pride in creating a laid back and friendly environment that turns coworkers into friends. Central to our mission is the security, scalability, and quality of our platforms. We are the payment processing platform for a massive number of point of sale systems. We enable technologies such as Apple Pay, Android Pay and EMV (Chip & Pin credit cards) for point of sale applications. We are looking to hire people who want to get out of their comfort zone and enjoy the opportunity to grow their skills. Successful candidates will have two essential qualities: Smart, Gets Things Done.
What you will be doing
• Work with the development, test, and operations team to streamline the software development, test, and deployment process from inception to operation.
• Oversee the creation and maintenance of a virtual lab environment for the development and test teams.
• Contribute to improving and automating the application deployment process.
• Operate, configure, and monitor hardware and software applications including servers for the development team, including Team Foundation Server, Sharepoint, and SQL Server.
• Contribute to and enhance operational alerting system to help gather metrics for KPI reporting
• Architect, implement and support a hybrid solution for build, release and deploy automation utilizing Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server and a virtualization platform in order to enhance a Continuous Integration process
• Architect, implement and support an automation system for security, performance and functional analysis of high-volume web and mobile solutions
• Enforce a DevOps approach to SDLC
• Enforce automation and best practices
• Enforce Configuration and Change Management best practices
What you bring:
• Bachelor or advanced degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
• Solid understanding of web application components and deployment models.
• Experience with IIS configuration and troubleshooting
• Experience with Powershell (Daily use)
• Hands-on experience and configuration management, build, release and deployment best practices
• Solid understanding of the principles and practices of DevOps
• Solid understanding of infrastructure, hardware and virtual environments, VMWare, HyperV , XenServer, etc.
• Ability to work on a team utilizing Agile/Scrum best practices
Added bonus if you have:
• Experience in PCI environment
• Hands on experience using Team Foundation Server 2012/2013/2015 for Lab Management
• Hands-on experience using tools for configuration management (i.e.: Visual Studio, SVN, Github, ClearCase)
• Experience with Linux administration
• Experience with mobile devices
• Hands-on experience using tools for continuous integration (i.e.: Hudson/Jenkins , TFS, TeamCity,GO)
• Hands-on experience with automated deployment tools and release pipeline management (i.e.: Octopus, Chef, Puppet, InRelease, Release Management Server for Visual Studio)
• Hands-on experience using tools for build management (i.e.: MSBuild, NAnt, Make, Maven, NuGet)
• Experience with databases, SQL, and Object Relational Mapping solutions, as well as schema development, DB,XML
• Hands-on experience using tools for test driven development (i.e.: NUnit, MSTest, JMock, Googletest, HTMLUnit, TestNG, WatIN, SpecFlow, Selenium WebDriver2.0, Sonar , Robotium, Jmeter, OpenSta, SOAPUI, LoadUI, LoadRunner, Fit/Fitnesse/FitSharp,...)
What we offer you
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
The salary range describes the minimum to maximum for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado, $77, 290 - $129,840.
For Benefits information, click here:
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$77,290 - 129,840
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.