Position Type :Full time
Type Of Hire :Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :0%
About FIS Innovation
Our vision is to make FIS the industry-leading provider of platforms and services for companies to build and run financial applications.
The innovation & incubation team has finished incubating a product aimed to help merchants reduce e-commerce consumer drop-offs and is looking to hire an all-star team that can scale the business under the innovation organization.
Joining this team will put you at the forefront of fintech innovation. You will be able to scale a first in class product leveraging FIS assets and capabilities and drive significant value back to the business. Most importantly, your work will shape the future financial services landscape.
Our team is made up of builders and you should be no exception!
We are looking for an experienced Back End Engineer to manage the application end-to-end and to ensure the venture’s vision for product development is executed upon. The Back-End engineer will work closely with engineers on the team and Product team members to evolve venture technology.
- Build product features into performant, clean code in a test-driven design methodology
- Create REST based microservice APIs for consumption by mobile and web platforms
- Strong experience building complex user interfaces
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, UI/UX experts, and fellow engineers.
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and performance code base
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team
- Building robust and scalable backend software
- Architecting and implementing system and APIs
- Helping improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and code reviews
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with team
- 7+ years of experience in backend development
- 3+ years of.NET/C# experience
- Experience in enterprise integration
- Experience with serverless technology such as AWS Lambda, or Azure Functions
- Experience managing AWS and/or Azure cloud infrastructure
- Experience architecting complex asynchronous microservice APIs
- Experience with database design (relationship databases like SQL Server, MySQL, PostgresSQL) and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Proven background working to create CI/CD pipelines
- Strong people skills that contribute to an open and collaborative environment
- Designing and developing service-based architectures (micro-services architecture a plus) & integration with existing systems/applications (legacy and API) & 3rd party systems.
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery approaches, such as Continuous Integration, TDD etc.
- Experience in communicating ideas and decisions to a variety of team members
- An ability to embrace and reduce uncertainty through continual validated learning
- Bachelor’s in computer science and/or equivalent experience
Nice to have
- Extensive experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Prior working experience in start-up environment or corporate innovation team
- Fintech experience
- Entrepreneurial track record; we want builders!
- Experience working in a SAFe Agile environment with multiple release trains
What we offer you
- A driven, creative, and multi-talented group of colleagues who are extraordinary passionate about their role in shaping the future of fintech and driving cultural transformation at FIS
- A high-visibility, high-impact role
- Ownership of your role and responsibilities, impact on an innovative culture
- Work closely with teams that are creating solutions for some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on trust, accountability, collaboration, curiosity, fearlessness, kindness and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.