Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
FIS empowers small to large retirement plan providers around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of retirement solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. From record keeping technology and plan administration and compliance solutions, to financial wellness that supports all aspects of retirement services business and positions our clients for future growth. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
Business/Solution Architect - define, maintain and extend functional product architecture for FIS' suite of Financial Services Applications. Application Architect - guide application development team through development process. Ensure development is done right the first time and has an understanding of how products relate with other products and ensures interdependencies are in focus. Software Technology Architect - define and maintain architecture principles and standards for FIS application development based on FIS business requirements. Infrastructure Technology Architect - focus is primarily on disciplines of selection, operation and administration of "commercial-off-the-shelf" (COTS) systems and system software that make up underlying operating environment in support of business processes. Advanced professional individual contributor role with broad understanding of their area of expertise. Resolves complex issues requiring in-depth knowledge and skills. Exercises judgment in decision making, determines approach, methods and procedures to use on new assignments. May coordinate and guide the work of others.
Develop core versions of software applications for sale to external clients. Identifies client purchasing requirements and technical specifications through Product Management and/or client representatives. Interacts with engineering groups to assist in design changes to equipment and/or software. Trains and communicates with clients on systems application.
This position requires a background in retirement benefit or other financial industries with preference given to those with experience with Omni Recordkeeping System. The associate will rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines delivered during training to perform the functions of the job and works under immediate supervision of the manager and/or the project coordinator. The ideal candidate will possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience navigating Windows, MS Office specifically Excel and documenting technical requirements.
What you will be Doing:
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked or Internet-related computer programs. (Code must be used in core version of applications available for sale commercially.)
- Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements. • Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming languages and technologies.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Trains and communicates with internal Client Training, Client Relationship and Sales teams on systems application.
- May be responsible for developing or executing project plans, budgets and schedules and for documenting work and results.
- May deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups to internal and/or external audiences.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you Bring:
- Excellent understanding of SQL programming
- Experience with Oracle, DB2 and MS SQL Server databases
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- Familiarity with the practical application of NoSQL\\\ewSQL databases
- Understanding of DBMS tools used in tuning SQL queries
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to interpret requirements and create design documentation
Career level professional role. Proficient in at least two higher-level programming languages and knowledge of at least one systems development life cycle model. Understands the products, services, practices, regulations and operations associated with the assigned line of business. Conducts detailed analyses of all defined systems specifications for changes in systems requirements, business requirements or equipment configurations, and develops all levels of logic flow charts. Develops and prepares moderately complex computer programs, prepares program test data, tests and debugs programs. Documents all procedures used throughout the computer program when it is formally established. Receives general supervision and is competent in most phases of programming to work on own, and requires only some general direction for the balance of the activities. May assist and help train entry level software engineers. Typically requires five or more years software engineering work experience.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.