Software Engineer II - NBC Sports Next at NBCUniversal (Remote)
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
NBC Sports Next, a division of NBC Universal, is hiring a Software Engineer II to join our FinTech team.
The FinTech group specializes in bringing the financial lifecycle of various NBC Sports properties together as one, across all their payment processing and management needs. We extend these capabilities to outside services: youth sports organizations, subscription services, and golf facilities around the world. We provide only the best equipment, offer competitive pay, great benefits, and the opportunity to know each day that you truly made a difference in the lives of sport participants around the world.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary.
- Develop highly interactive, user friendly, and feature rich applications.
- Work directly with Product Managers, Product Owners, User Experience, Quality Engineers, Principal Engineers, and Operations teammates to define, create, enhance, maintain, and deploy requirements/applications.
- Constantly use best practices by building APIs, creating and maintaining unit tests, applying modern frameworks and design patterns, actively reducing technical debt, and continuously delivering by merging/releasing consistently to the mainline branch.
- Complete complex tasks with minimal amount of oversight or supervision.
- Occasionally plan, design, and estimate software engineering efforts.
- Discuss design and architecture with other engineering teammates.
- Contribute towards evolving the application architecture.
Our Technical Stack
- Angular (with TypeScript)
- Git, TFS
- MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL
- Linux, Windows
- Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, and Serverless
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 5 or more years of professional software development experience in C#.
- 3 or more years of professional software development experience in MS SQL or T-SQL equivalent.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and HTTP protocols.
- Experience in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment.
- Ability to write high-quality, modular, maintainable, and secure code.
- Experience with testing best practices, including unit and integration tests.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and be self-starting and self-sufficient.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent training or experience.
- Experience with processing payments in a high-volume environment.
- Experience with payment facilitation integration (Stripe / WorldPay).
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment.
- Exhibits a deep respect for the craft, and values building software sustainably by using modern techniques and industry best practices.
- Experience with object-oriented design, ability to apply software patterns, and consuming event-driven applications using REST APIs within a microservice architecture.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate effectively with other teammates of different software disciplines and technical skill sets.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.