Software Engineer II, Mobile (iOS/Mac OS) at GoGuardian (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
At GoGuardian, we're helping build a future where all learners are ready and inspired to solve the world's greatest challenges. Our award-winning system of learning solutions is purpose-built for K-12 and trusted by school leaders to promote effective teaching and equitable engagement while helping empower educators to keep students safe.
What It's Like to Work at GoGuardian
We are a fast-growing learning company that thrives on making bold moves and setting high standards. Working with us means joining a (mostly!) remote team of diverse, passionate, mission-driven employees who are inspired by our vision, dedicated to our customers, and comfortable with rapid change. We balance our rocketship pace with a work culture that offers unbridled support, allyship, and inclusivity...to say nothing of fun! Join our Neurodiversity ERG, attend an online magic show (and bring your kids), head to a DEI Community of Practice session, share a pet photo with other dog lovers, or relax in an online meditation class. Our culture has earned us accolades! We have been named one of Built In's 2022 Best Places to Work™ and are certified as a Great Place to Work®.
We're looking for a Software Engineer II (Mobile) to design, build and improve native iOS and Mac OS applications for GoGuardian's core products. In this role, you'll work on production code and create rich feature sets that solve complex problems in education. This position sits on the Core Team, a team that builds, optimizes, and maintains our native applications, foundational services, and systems that support millions of students and educators daily. Our Engineering team is built on a purpose-driven culture of collaboration, openness, trust, and transparency with amazing individuals that push the limits and think outside the box every day.
What You'll Do
- Design, build, and continually improve our products that support millions of students and educators every day
- Work on production code and build rich feature sets that solve the complex problems in education
- Write high-quality maintainable code that is well-documented with good test coverage
- Contribute to the full software development lifecycle
- Work with and learn a variety of technologies, languages, and frameworks, such as Swift, Objective-C, Golang, React, Terraform, AWS/GCP, Docker, Linux, Typescript, MySQL
- Join an engineering team of motivated and empowered engineers helping to embody the principles of fluidity, critical thinking, innovation, and collaboration
Who You Are
- 2+ years of professional industry experience in C/C++, Objective-C, Swift, or similar
- Knowledge of Apple's SDKs and frameworks for the iOS and macOS platforms
- Experience developing and shipping Enterprise or MDM consumer-oriented applications
- Familiarity with the App Store review guidelines and review process
- Experience in designing and building APIs (REST, GraphQL, gRPC) and microservices
- Understanding of system performance and scaling
- Working experience in SQL and NoSQL databases
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Eager to take initiative in a fast-paced, ever-changing, dynamic environment
- Fueled by the opportunity to truly impact the education landscape
- Something else? Tell us! We want to learn more about you...
What We Offer
- Competitive pay, complete health insurance, 401(k) matching, bonuses, and an employee stock option plan
- Flexible time off, 13 paid holidays, paid parental leave, wellness days, and a paid year-end holiday break
- A robust catalog of benefits that support your professional growth and personal wellbeing: learning funds, lifestyle funds, online yoga & meditation classes, fertility & adoption reimbursement, giving funds with company match, and more...
- A varied and challenging role in a global and highly innovative high-growth company.
- Supportive, driven colleagues who have your back and share your passion.
Plus the intangible:
Please share this with your friends or co-workers who may be interested in working at GoGuardian! We have multiple openings and are always looking for talented people.
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.