Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join the Identity and Access Management Engineering team. The IAM team is dedicated to providing all of our users with simple and secure access to the Checkr platform in the most delightful way possible. We’re looking for a teammate that values collaboration, our company mission, building software with a high level of quality, and continuing to learn and share knowledge.
- Collaborate with internal and external team members
- Build and maintain identity and access related features like single sign-on, third party SAML connections, RBAC for users, and both internal and external tools with Ruby and React
- Test and deploy what you build
What you bring:
- 2+ years of experience
- Ruby (preferred), Go, Python, PHP, and/or Java experience
- A fundamental understanding of Git and version control
- Experience testing your code (Unit, Functional, Integration, E2E, etc.)
- Desire to learn from and grow with and from other engineers
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $121,380-$142,800.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.