Software Engineer I at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
15 - 25%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing:
• Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked or Internet-related computer programs. (Code must be used in core version of applications available for sale commercially.)
• Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
• Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
• Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
• Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming languages and technologies.
• Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
• Trains and communicates with internal Client Training, Client Relationship and Sales teams on systems application.
• May be responsible for developing or executing project plans, budgets and schedules and for documenting work and results.
• May deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups to internal and/or external audiences.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
A Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of FIS products and services; in-depth knowledge of products and services in assigned line(s) of business
• Knowledge of financial services industry
• Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, e.g., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
• Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry , e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma
• Knowledge of banking practices, regulations and operations within assigned line(s) of business
• In-depth understanding of design patterns and their application
• Fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
• Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
• Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
• Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
• May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management and related infrastructure technologies and practices
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Developing professional role. Proficient in at least one higher-level programming language and at least one systems development life cycle model. Develops and prepares less complex computer programs. May assist in the design and preparation of all levels of logic flow charts, preparation of test data, testing and debugging programs, preparation of documentation of all procedures used throughout the system. Competent to work on several phases of programming with only general direction, but requires some instruction and guidance for other phases. Typically requires up to three years software engineering work experience.
What we offer you:
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- Training across core financial, sales and FIS solutions
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$66,740 - 108,790
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.