Software Engineer I at GHX
The Software Engineer I (SW I) will be responsible for development efforts toward the creation, implementation, and support of existing and next-generation software solutions. The SWE I will analyze, design, program, debug, and modify software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. This role is responsible for interacting with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Please only apply if you currently reside in Colorado, within a reasonable commute to our Louisville, CO headquarters, or have concrete plans to relocate to this area within the next 4-6 months.
- Brainstorm and draft technical requirements for complex stories and features. Designs smaller stories within a feature. May author technical designs and takes responsibility for features.
- Codes web applications following specifications and using the appropriate tools. Follows best practices.
- Maintains and modifies existing applications.
- Identifies internal/external issues of limited scope and drives to resolution. Proactively seeks and fixes defects.
- Contributes to project document reviews, and design/code reviews.
- Adheres to IT Control Policies throughout design, development, and testing.
- Works with cross-functional teams and interacts with internal business partners to verify/clarify business requirements and design decisions.
- Engages team to review ideas, solutions, issues, and/or concerns.
- Applies AGILE concepts and works collaboratively and closely with QA in an Agile/Scrum/Kanban environment.
- Generates supporting unit test as well as system test specifications and implementations; can build automated tests.
Knowledge and Skills
- Entry Level Java developer
- Object Oriented Design and Development skills, including understanding of common design patterns.
- Some experience with Containerization and container orchestration.
- Some experience with AWS or any other cloud service
- Web application, Client/server programming experience.
- Webservices experience
- Relation Database & SQL Experience
- Agile process experience
- Basic understanding of some networking protocols [TCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, SSL] and interfaces.
- Linux / UNIX
- Code versioning – svn, git, etc.
- Build tools – maven, gradle, etc.
- Proficient with multiple technologies and may have some understanding of design principles.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and possesses a proven track record of high-quality deliverables.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to technical staff and is able to work effectively with cross-functional departments with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Understands and is able to explain up and downstream impacts across products and teams.
- Constructively challenges the status quo; develops, proposes, and supports the implementation of innovative and creative solutions. Iterates and improves upon domain technology.
- Displays flexibility in adapting to changing conditions.
- Strong team player, makes a valuable contribution to team objectives, displays trust and mutual understanding, accepts constructive feedback, and handles confrontation constructively.
- Proficient understanding of and ability to apply the AGILE methodology; competent AGILE team member.
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science.
- Requires 6 months to 3 years of experience in software development.
- Prior experience working in an AGILE/SCRUM environment.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team on multiple overlapping projects.
- Experience in System integration/ B2B integrations / SCM / MMIS / ERP development or integration is a plus.
- Exposure to UI framework like Angular is a plus.
- Load testing using any toolset.
- Functional and behavioral testing using any toolset.
- Exposure to CICD process using Jenkins/hudson, bamboo or something similar.
- Spring is a plus.
- Familiarity with centralized log management solution.
- Team player with a good attitude.
Estimated Salary range for this position: $75,000- $95,000
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It’s the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe — who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 800 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Europe, Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, and Omaha, Nebraska.
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.