Software Engineer - Full Stack at Alteryx, Inc.
Alteryx is revolutionizing data analytics by providing a complete end to end, self-service platform that allows users to get from business questions to business answers at incredible speeds. Why work for just any analytics company? At Alteryx, we are explorers, dreamers and innovators. We’re on a journey to build the best analytics platform in the world, but we can’t do it without people like you, leading the way. Forget the stereotypical tech companies of the past. Embrace the unconventional, exercise your imagination and help alter the future with Alteryx.
Alteryx supports many different data connections ranging from local file types to data sources in the cloud and the list will continue to grow. The Data Connectors team is responsible for the full integration of data connections, which involves the implementation of user interfaces and back-end processing using 3rd party libraries. The ideal candidate will have experience in maintaining and modernizing, as well as the curiosity and drive to work within a large, complex system using a variety of programming languages and technologies. Your work will be customer facing and have a significant impact on the user experience of a product used and loved by many people in a variety of industries.
* Participate in the architecture, design, and implementation of GUI and back-end features using C++, Python, and React.
* Ensure the long-term quality of the code you develop through unit and functional testing.
* Communicate frequently with quality assurance, product management, user experience, and other development teams to coordinate work efforts.
* 3+ years’ experience with C++ or Python.
* Demonstrated professional expertise in understanding and implementing OO design patterns.
* Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
* Excellent written and verbal communication, and listening skills.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Ability to learn quickly and work independently with minimal direction and guidance.
* Ability to quickly identify and acquire information necessary for solving problems.
* Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases and query languages a plus.
* Experience developing applications with a database service (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, AWS, etc.)
* Experience with C# and .NET framework.
* Integrating third-party tools and components into applications.
* Comfortable working in a collaborative, agile environment.