Software Engineer, Full Stack
Join MakeMusic's team of passionate people looking to make a difference in the world of music technology!
Why you'll love working at MakeMusic:
- Work-life balance in a culture of trust
- Work with musicians and music-lovers!
- Multiple work from home days and flexible scheduling
- 3 weeks of PTO
- $1,200 yearly fitness reimbursement program
- Dogs, beer, and great teams!
As Full Stack Software Engineer at MakeMusic, you are a full team member of a cross-functional, autonomous development team focused on delivering high-quality software releases on a regular cadence. You have full ownership end to end of your work, delivering incrementally on the value and functionality our customers and employees need. You break problems down into iterative deliverables, focusing on a sustainable and steady cadence with emphasis on continuous improvement and continuous delivery.
SmartMusic is an award-winning interactive music software that provides a deliberate practice environment for students in band, orchestra, and choir. With a subscription to SmartMusic, students have unlimited access to the world’s largest accompaniment library for all ages and skill levels, which includes thousands of pieces of music.
As Full Stack Software Engineer, you will:
- Be a valued team member within an agile team, participating in ceremonies and meeting for Agile methods such as Kanban or Scrum
- Own the delivery of solutions and features from development and design through testing and production
- Write testable, tested code that delivers value to customers
- Peer review the code of other team members
- Support production applications as part of the on-call rotation
- Work with business stakeholders to define solutions to solve customer problems
- Perform other duties as assigned
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- 4+ years of experience as a software developer
- Professional experience in more than one programming language (our team works in C#, .NET)
- Problem-solver with the ability to identify root causes and solutions
- Experience with software engineering technologies and tools such as Git, continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or TeamCity, and unit testing
- Experience with one or more single page application framework (Angular.js, React.js, Ember.js)
Other desired qualifications:
- TypeScript experience
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- .NET experience (C#, ASP.NET, .NET Core)
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with Amazon AWS (EC2, Cloud Formation, S3, Route 53)
- Experience working with and refactoring legacy code bases
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires. Increases in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Dog friendly office
- Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record
- On-site workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weight lifting gym with CrossFit equipment, with changing rooms and showers and towel service
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Beautiful North East Boulder, CO location
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust with option of working remotely 1-2 days/weeks
MakeMusic is an industry leader in interactive music learning, notation software, and virtual instrument technology. MakeMusic joined TrainingPeaks, Alfred Music, and TrainHeroic under the umbrella company Peaksware in beautiful Boulder, Colorado. Peaksware has been recognized as one of Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work" six times and was voted #15 of 100 on Built in Colorado's "Best Places to Work" list! Through a unique approach to deliberate practice, each company within Peaksware develops software solutions and provides services focused solely on their respective markets to help guide people along their own journey of improvement and skill development.
Most of the employees at MakeMusic are musicians and are passionate about both the work they do and the products they produce!