Software Engineer (Full-Stack)
SonderMind is looking for another full-stack Software Engineer to work closely with the CTO and other software and QA engineers to accelerate our software development velocity. The opportunity is now here to get on the ground floor of the company that is redesigning behavioral health to become more accessible, approachable and utilized. Our growing team is comprised of experienced healthcare, technology and product professionals who work very hard and thrive in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing. We demand healthy debate, but ascribe to a “disagree, but commit” attitude once we make a decision. You will drive and participate in design sessions as well as constantly evaluate technologies and trends to be leveraged to optimize our platform. You must have the ability to easily jump between frontend and backend work and be willing to challenge norms to innovate. We expect our Software Engineer to have the requisite skill set to be able to achieve the following outcomes within the approximate time frames:
- Within 3 weeks, independently deploy new code to staging
- Within 6 week, independently promote code from staging to production
- Within 90 days, have a full understanding of system architecture and dev-ops processes. Be well-versed enough to step in as a primary system administrator, if ever necessary
- 4+ years of experience in architecting, designing and building web applications
- Solid software and architecture best practices
- Ruby on Rails development
- Strong data modeling experience from conceptual, logical and physical designs
- Excellent communication skills necessary to collaborate with fellow business and technical team members
- Unit Testing, RSpec, Jasmine or similar experience
- Substantial relational database experience (SQL)
Nice to Have:
- Team leadership experience
- Experience developing in Angular 2
- Experience with Elastic Search
- Experience deploying applications to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience and Career Growth. You will be part of the core team as the company enters a major growth phase. We always look to promote first from within and everyone on the team is taking on multiple roles. We don’t know how to say “that isn’t my job.”
- Startup Environment. From our location directly across from Union Station, to an office with a Stormtrooper greeting people entering the office, to brick walls covered by whiteboards, things are changing and improving EVERY SINGLE DAY.
- Health, Vision, Dental and 401k. Excellent employee benefits.
- Therapy Benefits. Of course, we encourage our team to engage in proactively maintaining strong behavioral health and offer all employees access to SonderMind therapists.
- Stock Option Grant. We want all of our team to be focused on long-term success and growth.
- Mandatory Vacations. We’ve read the research and it is clear – employees who take vacation are more productive, happier and compensated more. SonderMind has an unlimited vacation policy, but REQUIRES employees to take a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation per year.
- Competitive Start-Up Salary. We all need to eat, right?