Software Engineer - Full-stack or Backend - Remote at Markit Digital
Our development team architect and design high-availability, scalable, and fault tolerant systems that are decoupled and easy-to-maintain. A core part of our development philosophy revolves around Microservices and the DevOps model. All our new products are developed using a microservice architecture, are containerized, and are then deployed on container management systems such as Kubernetes. The developers on our teams subscribe to a DevOps model where time-to-market functions as a vital measure of our performance, productivity, and success. We are committed to stay ahead of the curve and we are always looking at new technologies that can enhance our product offerings.
IHS Markit is seeking an experienced, driven, Full-stack or Backend Software Engineer for our currently unreleased digital transformation. This role will be responsible for full-stack or backend development activities in one of our scrum teams.
The candidate should have a passion for learning new tools, technology, and software design patterns as needed as we grow our architecture and technology stack.
- Developing cutting edge web-based applications with emphasis on customer ease of use, performance, and scalability.
- Proven ability to develop solutions using the Microsoft .NET technology stack. Experience with deploying to Cloud services, Automated Testing and Continuous Integration is a plus.
- Participate in the software development process as defined by the Agile Scrum process. This includes participating in the requirements gathering process. Experience with Azure DevOps is a plus.
- Work with project team and internal customers to establish and understand requirements.
- Team member role in on-time, high quality delivery of products through the entire application lifecycle.
- At least 2 years experience developing web-based software applications.
- Passion for software development - enthusiasm for new technologies and their potential to make an impact.
- A bias to action - a willingness to "jump right in" with an emphasis on producing results.
- Highly collaborative - an affinity for solving complex problems through dialog with team members.
- Curiosity - always seeking the "why's" and "how's" in the interest of continuous learning and the mastery of a craft.
- Innovation - the courage to challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better ways of doing things to achieve business value.
- Comfortable with ambiguity - can begin to explore and solve complex problems even when the problem and solution are not always well defined.
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role is $62,873. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.