Software Engineer, FIS University Program at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
FIS University Program (Full Time Hire)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
Join the 2021 FIS University Program!
As a 2021 FIS University Program full-time employee, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, community service activities, professional development seminars and work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success; including quarterly performance connects with your manager and bi-annual merit reviews.
This two-year full-time program has a start date of June 28, 2021 and a dedicated “Learning Week” where you will;
- Learn how to work within a corporate environment
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organization
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of your peers from across the organization
**Current and future sponsorship for this position is not available**
About The Team
FIS is searching for talented Software Engineers for a variety of roles within our Banking and Payments Software Development organization. You can look forward to an exciting and dynamic career working on a variety of technologies and expect to master multiple programming languages and technology platforms. FIS is committed to continuous modernization of our platforms as we create the innovative financial solutions that improve the way the world moves money.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be developing innovative financial solutions that provide continuous improvement and modernization of company products. You will primarily be responsible for:
- Designing solutions, writing code, testing code, automating test and deployment.
- Adopting and mastering multiple programming languages and technologies
- Managing individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Delivering software components by working in collaboration with product and design teams.
- Partnering with other technology teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design and integration.
- Following existing process guidelines; drives new processes, guidelines, team rules, and best practices.
**Technical environment will be determined given the business need and individual strengths and interests**
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Science
- Willingness and ability to learn, master, and work in both new and older technologies
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization
- Passion for tinkering and technology -Amazon Echo, Arduino and IoT, AR/VR, Creative Coding; you like hackathons and innovation sprints!
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
Added Bonus If You Have
- Academic, internship or professional experience in one or more programming languages
- Foundational knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices.
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits: Health coverage offered for you and your family through Health/Vision/Dental/Insurance plans
- Company Paid Volunteer Day
- Tuition reimbursement
- A generous paid time off program
- 401K with company contribution and Employee Stock Purchase Program with company match
- Business casual attire
- FIS Gives Back Program – charitable events and activities to help support our local community
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities
The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado. $56,560.00 - $92,200.00.
For Benefits information, click here.
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsGuide002-1611211429639.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$56,560 - 92,200
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.