Quantum Metric is paving the way for Continuous Product Design, which is a cross-team approach to building better digital products faster. The result: Teams agree on priorities, build products customers love, and innovate with speed and confidence.
Our number one goal at QM is happy people, happy culture. In addition, we are obsessed with helping businesses deliver better digital products and experiences. We encourage creative problem solving, rapid innovation and bold goal-setting. Our relatively flat organization structure keeps everyone informed and enables people to get involved in solving the problems they care about most. We are a close-knit team moving fast to deliver value to our customers and continue pushing the envelope as we develop new products.
About the Role
As our Software Engineer, you’ll help develop, scale, automate, and improve the underlying infrastructure, software, processes, and services required to support enterprise software development, quality engineering, and production releases. You’ll design and build tools to support data analytics around our release process to discover release, deployment and quality trends. You’ll work closely with other teams to continuously improve their requirements for the development, build and deployment process. You will also be researching new tools and practices that will help productivity.
This role is for you if you are passionate about automation and continuous improvement to how we build, test and deliver value to the customer, and are driven by empowering those around you. You have a strong understanding of Distributed Systems, Infrastructure, Automation and SaaS Release models. You have experience working as a delivery engineer, with data analytics and continuous deployment automation tool sets. You possess a strong sense of ownership and desire to build great tools for other engineers. You want to automate anything you can get your hands on. Most importantly, you understand the importance in delivering value to our customers frequently, and with the highest possible quality.
We’re not shy about our rapid pace. We’ve experienced incredible victories because we come up with bold solutions and have them built before our competitors have poured their morning coffee. You’ll need to be willing to learn quickly, fail fast, communicate often, pivot gracefully, grow from your mistakes and iterate.
- Experience automating and improving delivery pipelines and workflows using GitLab, or similar CI/CD platforms.
- Experience leveraging test automation to maintain high quality releases while handling the increasing frequency at which we deliver value to the customer.
- Strong understanding of build and dependency management tools and best practices.
- Proficient in managing container-based workloads using Kubernetes, Docker Swarm or other orchestration software.
- You understand the importance of Developer Experience (DX) and will stop at nothing to eliminate day-to-day toil and improve productivity and happiness for your peers.
- You embody the DevOps/SRE disciplines and understand the importance of aligning organizational initiatives to shared, customer focused objectives.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Self-driven with an analytical mind and a pragmatic approach to solving complex problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Code School Certification or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience automating workflows with various scripting languages.
- Comfortable using high level languages such as Go, Node.js or similar as well as whipping out a clever Bash script once in a while.
- Experience provisioning and leveraging ephemeral environments as part of the automated delivery workflow.
- Experience instrumenting delivery pipelines to gather data to make informed decisions on addressing bottlenecks and challenges leading to waste and loss of productivity.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, or similar Cloud Providers.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration Managements (CM) tools such as Terraform, Ansible or Puppet.
- Experience automating canary analysis and feedback.
Perks, Benefits, & Compensation
- This will be the best group that you ever work with! We support one another through challenges and win as a team. Your hard work will be well rewarded. Most importantly, you'll be strapped to a technology rocket ship bound for greatness! Your success at Quantum Metric will be a milestone in your career.
- Group benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (99% Medical base plan paid by the Company)
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Telehealth options
- Voluntary Life & AD&D, STD, LTD
- Healthy Rewards – Discount Programs
- 401k and Options / Equity
- Time off (Paid Vacation, Sick, Holidays)
- 12 company holidays
- 3 weeks (120 hours) accrued vacation
- Sick leave (according to state mandated allocation)
- Parental/Adoption Leave
- Promotional Opportunities
- Rewards and Recognitions programs
- One-time stipend for work at home employees
- Flexible work environments
- Employee Discount Program (Perks at Work)
- Employee Referral Program
- Lead Referral Program
- Latest MacBook Pro and awesome swag delivered to your door
- Supportive and collaborative culture
- Compensation: Base $85,000-110,000
About Quantum Metric
Our mission is to help brands deliver standout digital experiences for their customers. Enterprises are using Quantum Metric to build customer-centric digital products that drive revenue and foster brand loyalty. In 2020, Quantum Metric was ranked 124 in the Inc 5000, a list of America's fastest-growing private companies.
Since our founding in 2015, we’ve been serving Fortune 500 customers across e-commerce, travel and hospitality, financial services and insurance, and telecommunications. The typical Quantum Metric customer achieves a full investment payback within three months of beginning to use our real-time digital intelligence platform and, on average, a 376% ROI over three years.
In January of 2021, Quantum Metric secured its place as the first tech unicorn of the year with an above $1 billion valuation and a $200 million Series B funding round, and we are using those funds to accelerate our product and people growth. If your background matches the above role and you’re interested in joining a team of people with exceptional potential from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences, we want to hear from you.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Quantum Metric reserves the right to change, edit, and add duties and responsibilities of all job descriptions at any time, at its sole discretion, and to notify the respective employee accordingly.
Quantum Metric is an E-Verify employer.