Software Engineer - Data Connections at Alteryx, Inc.
Alteryx is searching for a Software Engineer in our Broomfield (Denver), CO office.
Alteryx, Inc. is the leader in self-service data analytics. Alteryx Analytics provides analysts the unique ability to easily prep, blend, and analyze all their data using a repeatable workflow, then deploy and share analytics at scale for deeper insights in hours, not weeks. Analysts love the Alteryx Analytics platform because they can connect to and cleanse data from data warehouses, cloud applications, spreadsheets, and other sources, easily join this data together, then perform analytics – predictive, statistical, and spatial – using the same intuitive user interface, without writing any code. Thousands of companies and data analysts worldwide rely on Alteryx daily.
Alteryx supports many different data connections ranging from local file types to data sources in the cloud and the list will continue to grow. The Data Connectors team is responsible for the full integration of data connections, which involves the implementation of user interfaces and back-end processing using 3rd party libraries.
The ideal candidate will have experience in maintaining and modernizing, as well as the curiosity and drive to work within a large, complex system using a variety of programming languages and technologies.
Your work will be customer facing and have a significant impact on the user experience of a product used and loved by many people in a variety of industries.
- Participate in the architecture, design, and implementation of GUI and back-end features using C++, Python, and React.
- Ensure the long-term quality of the code you develop through unit and functional testing.
- Communicate frequently with quality assurance, product management, user experience, and other development teams to coordinate work efforts.
- 3+ years’ experience with C++ or Python.
- Demonstrated professional expertise in understanding and implementing OO design patterns.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and listening skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently with minimal direction and guidance.
- Ability to quickly identify and acquire information necessary for solving problems.
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases and query languages a plus.
- Experience developing applications with a database service (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, AWS, etc.)
- Experience with C# and .NET framework.
- Integrating third-party tools and components into applications.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative, agile environment.
Interested? Learn more and apply today at alteryx.com/careers!
Alteryx is an equal opportunity employer. Please let your recruiter or coordinator know if you need an accommodation during the interview.
Alteryx will not provide sponsorship for work visas or other employment authorization for this position.