Software Engineer, Customer Experience Journey at Invitae (Remote)
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
The Experience Group at Invitae develops our patient and physician facing applications as well as major components of our internal production system. Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about harnessing the power of technology to push our capabilities forward in the quest to deliver genetic information at scale.
The genetic testing space is moving and expanding quickly. In support of the Invitae mission, our development needs to be easy to iterate & build, flexible and reliable. Your experience, passion, and leadership skills will lay the foundation for Invitae’s continued success.What you'll do:
- Design and implement software components, systems, and features
- Architect new and existing systems built from shared reusable, readable, responsive, and high-performant UI components
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, and design teams across teams to ensure a consistent experience
- Learn from and mentor other engineers and participate in code reviews
- Create clarity out of ambiguous and complex problems
- Advocate for engineering excellence and communicate the benefits of standard methodologies to the team
- Minimum 3 years experience and Bachelors in Computer Science or related discipline
- Technical knowledge around web front-end architecture, building reusable components, and working with APIs
- Proven track record to deliver maintainable software systems and features
- Proven experience working with distributed, highly available systems
- Proficiency in a frontend technical stack from infrastructure to application code. We use React, Typescript and Node to build our micro frontends. The frontends are deployed to Kubernetes on AWS.
- Strong quality and test automation bias
- Exceptional interpersonal skills especially across distributed teams
- A mission-oriented mindset and a desire to never stop learning
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.