Software Engineer (Core Systems)
NetApp is the data authority for hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation. Together with our partners, we empower global organizations to unleash the full potential of their data to expand customer touchpoints, foster greater innovation and optimize their operations.
NetApp is looking for an experienced Software Engineer (Core Systems) to join our SolidFire division’s All Flash Array and Hyper-Converged Infrastructure storage development team. NetApp SolidFire’s product is a rapidly growing enterprise class data storage solution specifically designed for large scale, public and private cloud deployments. This is a great opportunity to work on a high-powered team delivering an industry changing product within an extremely high growth sector of the tech industry.
· 4+ years of real world (outside university) systems level software development experience in the enterprise storage industry and/or with another highly complex distributed systems related product preferred.
· 4+ years developing in C++ on Linux
· Experience developing highly multithreaded, systems level applications
· Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple moderately complex tasks
· Experience optimizing system level code where performance is critical
· Experience with Boost and/or STL libraries
· Experience with Data Structures and Algorithms
Nice to have:
· Distributed systems (distributed processing/algorithms/applications) experience with concurrent execution within multiple threads, running on multiple cores, running on multiple nodes as part of an overall system cluster
· Experience with Block and/or File System (NFS) based storage systems
· Experience working in Python
Typically requires a minimum of 4 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree