Automox is redefining an industry with unmatched ease, speed and control. From IT management to endpoint security, we allow users to easily see, analyze and act across their infrastructure – in an instant.
Our award-winning answer to modern IT operations and best-in-class results earned Automox four straight quarters of record growth. We are now trusted by more than 2,000 leading companies and MSPs worldwide, including NASA, Yale, Xerox, Allbirds and Unicef.
The future of IT Operations is cloud-native – and right now. Will you join us?
You are a seasoned software developer who is dedicated to your craft; you write code that you are proud of and can hit the ground running. You write beautiful, fast code to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our disruptive SaaS based endpoint management software in meaningful ways. You will be a part of a creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
As a Software Engineer on the Core Services Engineering team, you will:
- Research, design, develop, and own scalable solutions that enable our core service infrastructure to scale along with the demand of our rapidly expanding customer base.
- Follow software development best practices, and writing well-designed code.
- Extend, enhance, and maintain the core product software and databases.
- Contribute to continual improvement by testing, performance tuning, refactoring, usability improvements, and automation.
- Produce detailed specifications, and contribute in all phases of the engineering lifecycle.
- Operate with a quality-first mindset. Your approach to testing sets you apart from your peers.
- Make data-driven decisions. You understand the impact of your development before it reaches production.
- Experience in Java (Spring, Akka) or PHP (Laravel) is highly desired, however, the right candidate will leverage their extensive engineering background to be impactful in any language.
- Experience designing, developing, testing, monitoring, and maintaining code in production.
- Relational and non-relational database experience.
- Familiar with distributed system and SOA concepts.
- Excellent communicator, thrives within a tightly knit, cross-functional team environment.
- Familiar with cloud native application development.
Our salary ranges are based on national averages and are determined based on the level of the position we are hiring for. The ranges are wide to leave room for variability in a candidate's skills, experience, and location all which impact where someone might come in on the range. Minimum salary - $105,000
TOTAL REWARDS: Thrive with Us
Beyond the Status Quo
Work from anywhere in the USA
Equity for Full-Time Employees
Unlimited PTO, generous sick time policy
$20 a month to connect virtually with colleagues
Active Giving committee and employee-led communities
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive Health Plans with generous employer contributions
100% Company paid Short Term/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
Company HSA Contribution: $100-$150-$200 per month based on tier
Gender Affirmation Coverage on Cigna Medical Plan (including surgery)
Happiness & Well-Being
$50 per month Lifestyle Spending Account
Internet Reimbursement - $50/month
$750 Home office stipend
$10k Adoption Benefit
Comprehensive Family Planning Covered on Cigna Medical Plan
Up to 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
Automox policy requires that all employees be vaccinated for Covid-19 in order to travel for work or participate in in-person events with other employees, clients, and vendors. Vaccination is not a requirement of employment.
Remote : USA - the world is changing so are we, Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.