Software Engineer- Core Product at Zoom Video Communications (Remote)
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
The Zoom Client Application team is looking for an energetic and passionate Software Engineer who will perform desktop and mobile client development for Zoom Meeting, Zoom Webinar on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS and Android. In this role, you will utilize your knowledge of native desktop or mobile application programming to scale these widely-used Zoom programs on multiple platforms.
- Work collaboratively with engineers peers to architect, develop, maintain and optimize a real-time 2D content authoring and rendering component on one or more of the following platforms: Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS and Android
- Design and implement modern authoring and rendering algorithms by writing robust, high-performance code
- Identify performance bottlenecks and make fixes
- Work collaboratively with technical support and customer success team, while also communicating with customers to troubleshoot product issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related
- 3 years of software programming experience
- 2 years of experience in native desktop or mobile client application development in at least one of the following programming languages: C++, Objective-C, Java
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related.
- Programming experience with at least one of the graphics APIs: GDI, GDIPlus, D2D, D3D, OpenGL, OpenGL ES, Quartz, Metal, Vulkan.
- Debugging and performance benchmark experience.
- Experience with specialist domains: content authoring, graphics rendering, real-time collaboration application, real-time multimedia communication application, and third party libraries in C++.
- Excellent foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design optimized for minimum binary size, maximum performance, and large scale.
- Good communication skills.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here .
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .