Software engineer Cloud Platform - Remote Italy at Dataiku
Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 1,000 employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
As enterprises worldwide become more and more invested in the cloud, Dataiku looks to expand its services and offerings to adapt to rapidly shifting customer needs. We are looking for a talented software engineer to work on the core multi-cloud engines of Dataiku DSS and our new SaaS offering.
Dataiku DSS brings together big data and AI technologies into a unique and easy-to-use platform. It allows data scientists to process data with SQL databases, Spark, and Kubernetes with either user-friendly interfaces or code. The platform is technology agnostic and can adapt to any ecosystem.
What we do
The mission of the Cloud & Platform teams is to turn Dataiku DSS into a powerful and scalable platform that can run either as a SaaS offering or be deployed by our customers to their AWS, Azure, or GCP infrastructure. This includes reading from and writing data to Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Synapse, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc., and processing data using the latest processing engines and clusters (Spark, Kubernetes, SQL databases, etc.).
What you will be doing:
You will work on the core components of Dataiku DSS.
Here are some examples of what you might do:
- Improve scalability and latency of Dataiku DSS processing engines
- Support new cloud services & databases capabilities
- Enforce security best practices
- Ease installation & deployment of Dataiku DSS on customers; cloud subscriptions
- Deploy machine learning models at scale
You are the ideal recruit if:
- You have experience in software development and are interested in data processing.
- You are customer-oriented — you want to understand how the product is used and solve actual customer problems.
- You know it's always sunny when you fly above the clouds.
- You are curious about working “under the hood” and want to learn how things are built.
- You have firsthand experience (either professional or personal) building a real product.
- You are humble and kind.
- You don't hesitate to ask questions when you don't know, and you treat your colleagues with respect, kindness, and honesty.
- Initial call with the talent acquisition manager
- On-site meeting (or video call) with a software developer or a team lead
- Home test to show your skills
- Final interviews with an engineering manager and a VP of engineering
- An informal interview with a Dataiker to understand our culture
Dataiku’s culture is right for you if:
- You want to be able to define your own version of work-life balance - flexible is our go-to word, it applies equally to remote work, vacations and parental benefits
- You need autonomy to thrive - we trust our people, give them space to do their best and stay away from artificial deadlines
- You enjoy spending time with your colleagues and learning from your peers - meet for Friday universities, annual offsites, virtual trivia nights and more
- You like feeling cared about - watch out for the magical Christmas box delivered at home and an unforgettable onboarding week
- You care about giving back - it’s what our Ikig.AI program is all about: Dataikers are encouraged to work pro bono for one or several nonprofits of their choosing
If you want to learn more about our hiring process, you can read this article about our engineering hiring philosophy.