Software Engineer - Chat SDK at Zoom Video Communications
Zoom is an award-winning workplace. We have been recognized by Comparably as #1 CEO, Company Happiness, Benefits, Compensation, Diversity, and more! Not to mention we’ve been awarded by Glassdoor as the 2nd Best US workplace & Best Large Company US CEO in 2018, Wealthfront, and Business Insider. Our culture focuses on delivering happiness, our commitment to transparency, and the tangible benefits we provide our employees and our customers.
The Zoom Chat SDK Team is responsible for SDK development for Zoom Chat clients. As a Zoom Chat Software Engineer you will be tasked with using C++ for the overall development and maintenance of Zoom Chat SDK.
● Work with PM and designers to implement new Zoom Chat features
● Support and maintain existing software functionality; to investigate, analyze, and correct identified defects.
● Work closely with remote teams and collaborate on implementations.
● Support prod release deployment, provide release change spec and provide production release change verification
● BS degree in a related field, MS preferred
●Proficiency in C++ is required. Messaging such as Chat, XMPP is highly preferred.
● More than 7 years of programming experience
● More than 5 years of C++ development experience
● Familiar with network programming (TCP/IP, HTTP), familiar with distributed concurrent programming;
● Familiar with performance tuning for high-concurrency system
● Experience with cloud environment (AWS, Azure)
● Familiar with DynamoDB, Redis is preferred;
● Familiar with Micro Service is preferred;
● Familiar with CI/CD and agile is preferred
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Hear from our leadership team
Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
Visit our Blog
Zoom with us!
Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram