Software Engineer - C++ at Zoom Video Communications
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoom is an award-winning workplace. We have been recognized by Comparably as #1 CEO, Company Happiness, Benefits, Compensation, Diversity, and more! Not to mentioned we've been awarded by Glassdoor as the 2nd Best US workplace & Best Large Company US CEO in 2018, Wealthfront, and Business Insider. Our culture focuses on delivering happiness, our commitment to transparency, and the tangible benefits we provide our employees and our customers.
The Zoom Client Application team is looking for an energetic and passionate Software Engineer who will perform client application development for Zoom Meeting, Zoom Webinar, Zoom Chat, and Zoom Phone on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS and Android . In this role, you will utilize your knowledge of native desktop client application programming to scale these widely-used Zoom programs on Windows/Mac.
- Design and develop Zoom Meeting client on Windows/Mac.
- Work closely with Engineering partners, Product and Project Managers, Product Designers, and DevOps to drive engineering release and deliver success.
- Partner with technical support and customer success, while also communicating with customers to troubleshoot product issues and deliver happiness to our users.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent. MS is preferred.
- 5 years of C/C++ programming experience.
- 3 years of experience in Windows native application development. Having MacOS development experience is preferred.
- Experienced in Windows programming with Windows API
- Familiar with Windows Platform SDK (GDI/GDI+/D3D/Common Controls/IPC, etc.)
- Proficient in debugging with WinDbg and Visual Studio.
- Programming experience in Multi-thread and multi-processes.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Good understanding on product and code security.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .