In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Zoom Chat is looking for an energetic and passionate Software Engineer who will perform client development for Zoom Chat. In this role, you will utilize your knowledge of native desktop client application programming to scale these widely-used programs on MacOS.
- Develop and maintain Zoom APIs on MacOS platforms (ARM and X64).
- Use Objective-C and modern C++ to design and develop new functionalities from product managers and customers.
- Able to use the performance tools like Instruments and other system profiling tool to measure application performance and energy usage, and able to make improvement of the whole application performance.
- Proficient in using various debugging tools like LLDB to perform client troubleshooting and read application crash reports for post-mortem analysis. Know techniques to figure out the root cause of various crashes.
- Work closely with QA team, Product and Project Managers, Product Designers, and DevOps to drive engineering release and deliver success.
- Need to communicate with technical support, customer success, or customers to deal with product issues and tickets.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related.
- At least 5 years of software development experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in MacOS native client development.
- Proficient in C++, Objective-C, Xcode, and Cocoa Framework.
- Nice to have: Master's degree in Computer Science or related.
- Experience with specialist domains: real-time collaboration application development, real-time multimedia communication application development, instant messaging application development, SIP application development, third party libraries in C++.
- Excellent foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for minimum binary size, maximum performance and large scale.
- Good communication skills.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Colorado Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed, Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration base salary, bonus and equity value. Information about Zoom's benefits is here . Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .