Software Engineer, Business Support Systems at JumpCloud
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:06 a.m. (MST) on Thursday, February 10, 2022
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
The Business Support Systems (BSS) team’s charter is the backbone that supports JumpCloud's growth and creates a frictionless customer experience. We provide the tools and processes which enable exponential growth supporting internal customers across the organization and our massive community of external JumpCloud users. We need you to bring your abilities to listen empathically, communicate widely, define thoughtfully, build iteratively and lead boldly to help the BSS team build JumpCloud’s exciting future.
What you’ll be doing:
- We’re looking for software engineers with a passion for building reliable APIs to be the next members of our awesome engineering team. JumpCloud is focused on delivering cloud-based directory services via a SaaS model and as a result are trying to solve some very difficult problems around identity, authentication, security, and cloud scaling.
- As a part of our BSS engineering team you’ll assist in connecting core business systems together to optimize the JumpCloud business pipeline. The systems you will help build will become the backbone of the JumpCloud billing and invoicing system.
- We're solving complex problems in the cloud using the latest and greatest technologies like MongoDB, Postgres, Golang, Docker, ELK Stack, Redis, etc. But wait, you haven’t used those technologies? No worries: we’re open-minded and we believe that good engineering is not technology specific.
We're Looking for:
- 3-5 years of development experience
- Experience programming in Golang, and/or NodeJS
- eCommerce or Quote-To-Cash experience a plus
- Database experience including relational and non-relational databases
- Advanced experience working with and building RESTful API
- Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies, languages, and frameworks (we will test your programming and learning chops with a take home exercise)
- Solid Git experience
- Experience with translating business requirements into scalable code
- Strong team player that wants to win together - We are both Agile and agile, and we’re a tight-knit team that’s constantly collaborating
- Strong communication skills
- SaaS billing systems experience: NetSuite, Oracle, Salesforce
Bonus points if you have:
- AWS experience
- Salesforce API experience
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role is $98,000-$130,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides a comprehensive benefits package, with several medical plans to choose from including a high deductible HSA plan with employer contribution, two dental plans, vision insurance, flexible spending account (FSA), employee assistance program (EAP), short- and long-term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan with match. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First. If a role requires you to be in a certain location or country, that will be clearly stated in the job description. All roles posted in United States locations do require that you be located within one of the 50 U.S. States.
Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote, work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description