Software Engineer - Backend - Java/Node.js at Zoom Video Communications
Zoom Chat connects your teams and streamlines communications across meetings, phone, rooms, and webinar. We are looking for a software engineer to work on backend services for Zoom Chat. You will have a unique opportunity to not only immerse in a full software development life cycle, but also enjoy delivering happiness to our valued customers.
- Design and implement microservices using Node.js or Java to support customers' needs.
- Drive integration test automation to optimize service performance and ensure product quality
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to execute delivery of backend services and translate high-level feature requests into feasible designs
- Triage critical customer issues and provide technical guidance for customer engagement
- BS/MS (CS or related major preferred)
- Strong programming experience in Node.js.
- Experienced in building large scale and high performance microservices in a cloud environment.
- Experienced in building SaaS solutions and a strong background in cloud infrastructure technologies (i.e. Microservices Architecture, RESTful APIs, AWS, NoSQL)
- Experienced in Java a plus
- Knowledge in the areas of identity, security a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Teams, Slack a plus
- Willing to learn, be proactive, and think creatively
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Hear from our leadership team
Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
Visit our Blog
Zoom with us!
Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram