Software Engineer (Back End)
About the Role
As a Software Engineer on our team, you will work as part of an innovative and fun team responsible for developing our SaaS platform for monitoring and reporting, enabling customers to prevent, rather than react to, issues in their environment. You will focus on new product development and enhancements to existing products. Our backend stack continues to evolve, and currently includes Scala, Kafka, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, and MySQL. As a backend developer you will focus on building services and infrastructure that feed our user interface and data systems.
- Experience developing high performing backend services on the JVM, preferably in Scala
- Understanding of software frameworks and the ability to pick up new frameworks quickly
- Linux platform experience
- Proficient understanding of continuous integration technologies such as Jenkins
- Understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience interacting with and building web APIs. Experience with RESTful services
- Used test-driven development to guide implementation
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment
- 3-6 years of software development experience
- A degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
You might also have:
- NoSQL database experience e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra, Hive
- Experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible and/or Terraform
What You Will Love About Us
- Our Culture: It’s our culture and our people. If you ask anyone at NetApp why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: it’s the people.
- Our Location: We have a beautiful Boulder office, with amazing Flatiron views, on the vibrant downtown Pearl Street.
- Health Benefits: NetApp provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family.
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending, stock purchases, or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future.
- Work Life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers.
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.
At NetApp, we take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do. Along the way, we’ve repeatedly transformed businesses and set industry standards. Now more game-changing developments are in the pipeline. Behind our breakthroughs is an open, collaborative culture that fuels fresh ideas. By sharing our viewpoints, challenging our thinking, and empowering our people, we create unique and novel approaches to solving problems. Join us, and we’ll help each other do our best work!