Software Engineer - Back End focus
At CyberGRX we’re dedicated to helping organizations streamline their third-party cyber risk programs. We believe the process can be more efficient and effective, and we make it our mission to ensure our customers are getting the most out of our innovative Exchange, every day. It’s a game-changer for our clients - so we need our colleagues to be game-changers, too. You’ll get to work with a small, highly motivated, highly skilled team solving some of the biggest issues facing the world’s most influential companies.
We are looking for a full-time, permanent hire in a Software Engineer role focused on the back-end part of our stack.Your primary responsibility will be owning a key Ruby microservice within our architecture, and secondarily contributing to additional Python or Go oriented back-end services. Our technology stack should be extremely familiar to you:
- You will have a strong understanding of back-end focused Ruby (no Rails requirement.) Familiarity withRspec and Yard is a plus.
- You will have a strong understanding of Python 3, an understanding of GIL and its limitations, Asyncio, and an appreciation for and understanding of code quality and PEP8.
- You will understand microservices architectures and have a good understanding of RESTful APIs (some of our older interfaces) and GraphQL (most of our interfaces, and our strategic direction going forward.)
- As a back-end engineer you won’t be directly responsible for AWS management, but familiarity with the AWS environment will be a strong plus.
- Familiarity with third-party components such as Redis, RabbitMQ, Docker in general, ElasticSearch and Kibana will be a plus.
- In addition to Postgres/RDS, we use a graph database called Neo4J – possibly not familiar to you, but an opportunity to learn.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes will be a strong plus.
Key characteristics about you in this role include:
- You will be a key contributor in the design and development of our microservices architecture and our overall platform.
- You have demonstrable prior experience building 24/7, high-availability B2B SaaS platforms on the AWS platform.
- You have an appreciation for unit test strategies and test automation in general, and recognize that these are responsibilities shared across both Development and Test teams.
- You will be a collaborative engineer, working with DevOps and System Test teams to understand our full stack and ensure our architectural vision remains coordinated, well-understood, and built-to-last.
We are Denver-based (LoDo) as a company, operating typically in Mountain Time, but with a US-distributed team as well.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience plus incentive compensation
- Rich benefits package including full medical/dental/vision, 401(k), commuter benefits, and more
- Open Time Off Policy
- Generous Stock Options
- Centrally located office in LoDo right near Union Station