Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai.
The Software Engineer - Autonomous Vehicle(AV) Platform and Tools reports to the Senior Manager of Software Engineering and is responsible for owning the full software development life cycle for software modules and applications, from inception through field testing. This role is a key position for enabling automated vehicle interaction to and from cloud based applications.
Duties & responsibilities
- Support development of a remote operations capability through interface design and implementation of said interfaces and enabling functions as software modules on the automated vehicle (AV)
- Assist in interface design at the intersection of robotics and cloud services
- Assist in implementation and maintenance of the vehicle-side connectivity infrastructure and the AV system
- Work cross functionally with other AV engineering teams as well as commercial and support teams
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of professional experience reading/writing/debugging C++ code
- Experience or familiarity interfacing robotic software applications using web and/or cloud technologies
- Experience developing robotic software with ROS
- Familiarity with Linux development and target environments
- Proven experience in ownership of full software development life cycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Master's Degree
- Experience with modern cloud services
- UI development experience
- Python experience
- Strong communications skills
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range of $80,000 - 115,000. For benefits, check this out!