Software Engineer, Android at Rachio (Remote)
Rachio is a mission-based startup advancing the smart home outside, through conservation and connection. A category leader within the smart home industry, Rachio creates innovative technology and solutions that enliven the outside space of any home through exceptional products, data-driven personalized recommendations, and an unmatched user experience. Together, the Rachio community has saved *50 billion* gallons of water - and counting.About This Opportunity
Rachio seeks a talented Android Software Engineer who is excited about the Internet of Things (IoT) space and uses new technologies to power current and future products. This is an opportunity to work with a highly talented engineering team that builds technology in order to bridge software to the physical world. Rachio has built the category defining connected irrigation controller for consumers that is revolutionizing how people interact with their landscapes. You will report to the Director of Engineering and be a part of our mobile team, where you will leverage Kotlin, Java, Android SDK, and other cutting edge technologies. As the market leader, we strive to continually improve, innovate, and provide a best in class user experience. Our integrated platform and app help us make sustainable water use effortless and personally rewarding.What You’ll Do
- Work autonomously in a high performing team while managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Drive the ideation and mobile development for our consumables service in collaboration with our Product Manager and other subject matter experts.
- Participate in agile software development practices and peer code reviews.
- Participate in the squad operating model and collaborate with squadmates to deliver Android updates on-time and at high quality.
- Innovate and optimize our Android application to provide a best in class user experience.
- 2+ years experience in mobile application development
- Published examples of mobile applications in the Google Play store
- 2 years experience with Java/Kotlin and Android SDKs
- Strong Object Oriented design and programming skills
- Knowledge of clean architecture patterns
- Facilitates productive and efficient verbal communication that advances design projects
- Confidently presents ideas to decision-makers in presentations, meetings, and reports
- “Owner’s” attitude, including a willingness to tackle problems through to solutions and an ability to work both independently and across functions
- Curious, nearly to a fault; your insatiable desire to get beyond surface level learning and uncover true insight is fueled by asking 2nd, 3rd and 4th order questions
- The salary range for this role is $105,000 - $120,000
- Stock options
- This is a remote position
- You must be legally authorized to work in the US
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance -- premiums are 100% paid for employees and 60% paid for dependents, based on company sponsored plans.
- Employer paid Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- Optional benefits include: short term disability & long term disability, pet insurance, and more!
- Time Off: Unlimited PTO, 10 paid sick days per year, and paid Parental Leave
- Retirement: 401(k) plan with a company match
- Paid Travel: Rachio is a remote company, headquartered in Denver, CO. We host company events with paid travel to & from Denver
- Professional Development: Employees receive an annual stipend to put towards furthering their education and career growth
- Work From Home: Employees receive a monthly stipend to put towards enhancing their remote work experience
- Relaxed dress code: Wear what makes you feel most comfortable working at Rachio
- Start with Empathy: We listen with the intent to understand, not simply to respond. We assume positive intent, and remember that at the end of the day we are all human and on the same team.
- Fail Strategically: We view the unknown as an opportunity to learn and therefore grow. We encourage and support each other in taking risks and testing the status quo. We bias towards action, look for early feedback, and take the time to openly share learnings with the team.
- Participate & Commit: We believe that the best decisions are made when we show up fully. We challenge assumptions, discuss the data, and ask the hard questions. Decision-makers protect the time to collaboratively explore and welcome wild and unconventional ideas. In the end, everyone may not agree with the final decision, but they feel heard and are committed to the path forward.
- Delight to Sustain: We believe that our customers don't have to compromise to be sustainable. Our first priority is to provide a delightful experience that adds value to their lives while creating a better future for our planet.
- Please apply via our careers page
- A cover letter is required
Studies show that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs if they don’t meet every listed qualification. Here at Rachio, we care about your ability to get the job done more than how you gained your experience. If you are hesitant to apply but feel you can excel in the role with your experience, we want to see your application!
We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.