Software Engineer 4 at Bluestaq (Colorado Springs, CO)
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $154,490 - $197,009. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado. This position is not remote.
Additional Compensation: This position is eligible for an end-of-year bonus.
Employment Benefits: Bluestaq offers a wide range of competitive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Leave, and 401k. For more information regarding Bluestaq benefits, please visit https://www.bluestaq.com/bennies.
Bluestaq starts with our people.
Are you ready for the best job you've ever had?
At Bluestaq, we've rapidly built a culture around ownership, trust, community, and innovation. Bluestaq is dedicated to cultivating a growth environment where our team feels valued, works with a purpose of mission, is personally rewarded, and is professionally challenged.
Bluestaq is an emerging technology company founded in 2018 to streamline global operations using cutting-edge enterprise software and mission analytics. Bluestaq develops and transforms its enterprise systems and secures disparate data to solve our customers' most critical challenges. Today, Bluestaq primarily provides the U.S. Department of Defense and the nation's intelligence community with advanced software systems. Our name, Bluestaq, originates from "blue" a military term for friendly forces, and "staq" referring to a software stack.
Let’s talk about the accolades our team has racked up in just four years! Bluestaq was recognized as an Inc. Magazine 2021 Best Workplaces, a 2021 Colorado Inno on Fire Company, and a 2020 Colorado Company to Watch. Bluestaq was honored by the Colorado Technology Association as the 2019 Emerging Tech Company of the Year and named Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce and EDC 2019 New Company of the Year. For the third consecutive year, Bluestaq landed on the Colorado Springs Gazette Best Workplaces in Colorado Springs (2019 – 2021) and Built In’s Best Places to Work Lists: Best Places to Work in Colorado, Best Small Companies to Work for in Colorado, and Best Paying Companies in Colorado (2020 – 2022). Our team is award winning and ahhhmazing!
Looking for amazing quality of life? In 2019, Colorado Springs scored a “Perfect 10” for “desirability” by US News & World Report.
Why join Bluestaq in Colorado Springs?
- Cost of living - below the national average
- Lifestyle Amenities – coffee shops, craft breweries, boutiques, locally-owned restaurants
- Nature – more than 100 parks and ample outdoor sporting opportunities
- Weather – Colorado Springs boasts over 300 days of sunshine a year
- Laid back atmosphere – an accessible alternative to the faced-paced Denver lifestyle
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team. As a Software Engineer 4 at Bluestaq, you are a recognized software professional with hands-on technical expertise. The ideal candidate is a motivated software engineer with a deep understanding of technical engineering concepts and is focused on solving open-ended complex problems. As a Bluestaq Software Engineer 4 you have demonstrated experience in writing consistently high-quality code using industry best practices. You enjoy a complex user story and tackle sub-tasks with very little oversight. You will be a technical owner of significant components of our code baseline with a deep knowledge of our tech stack.
Basic Qualifications and Skills:
- 12+ years of software development or programming experience with a Bachelor of Science degree.
- Professional experience with Java or Python, or other programming languages.
- Experience with Java build systems (Maven, Gradle).
- Experience with applied security concepts (authentication, authorization, protocols).
- Strong experience both front-end and back-end technologies.
- Hands-on experience working with big data technologies.
- Comfortable with multi-threading, event-based software architectures, queue technologies (e.g., Kafka) and asynchronous event handling.
- Significant hands-on experience and fluency in data storage solutions (RDS, Document stores, graph store, Hadoop) and an understanding of when to use them.
- Familiarity with cloud-based concepts and the AWS component stack.
- Proactively identifies issues and proposes solutions with corresponding context/data
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Ability to apply software skills and knowledge to approach new problems in creative ways.
- Scopes work on complex projects involving multiple engineers, and ensures the team’s delivery.
- Stay up to date with industry best practices and trends to apply to future software architectures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Displays a strong sense of ownership for projects.
- As a senior engineer on the team, facilitates mentorship and healthy collaboration across the program.
- DoD Security+ or CISSP training certification.
Required Education: Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
Clearance Requirement: This position requires the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance. To be eligible for a clearance, US Citizenship is required, and an employee must agree to participate in a background screen and credit check.
Proof of Vaccination: This position requires all new hires to present proof of vaccination upon their hire date. Please contact Human Resources, at [email protected], if you need to discuss our medical or religious exemption process.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Bluestaq is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Bluestaq will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities and employees whose work requirements interfere with a religious belief unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Bluestaq or a direct threat. Employees needing such accommodation are instructed to contact Human Resources immediately at [email protected]